Reload this Page >

School advice-Dubai

School advice-Dubai

Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

teapot44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School advice-Dubai

Hi,

We're due to be moving to Dubai now in Jan 2011. I've got a school place for my 6 year old, but my 4 year old (almost 5) will need to go on a waiting list for FS2/Reception as places seem to be like gold dust for this age.

I'm really concerned tho about taking her out of the schooling system in the UK and keeping her home with me (or I guess home schooling her?) until she gets a school place in Dubai. Alternatively I keep her in school in the UK and the girls and I only move when my youngest gets a place (and hubby goes out earlier).

Am I getting my knickers in a twist about this? Has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School advice-Dubai

Go and put the kettle on, then sit down and enjoy a nice cuppa tea.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes fs2 is a difficult year, but surely if you accept 1 place you should go up the waiting list with siblings etc, and what if you reject that place and then a fs2 place becomes available and not the other one! if u want that sch and not knowing which one it is as that would help, then you have to take what is available at the time and hope another place becomes available. a lot of families have the same issues and they have them in different schs. way of life here.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teapot44 View Post
Hi,

We're due to be moving to Dubai now in Jan 2011. I've got a school place for my 6 year old, but my 4 year old (almost 5) will need to go on a waiting list for FS2/Reception as places seem to be like gold dust for this age.

I'm really concerned tho about taking her out of the schooling system in the UK and keeping her home with me (or I guess home schooling her?) until she gets a school place in Dubai. Alternatively I keep her in school in the UK and the girls and I only move when my youngest gets a place (and hubby goes out earlier).

Am I getting my knickers in a twist about this? Has anyone else been in this situation? Thanks!
which school? have you tried Regent they take priority with siblings
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
which school? have you tried Regent they take priority with siblings
thats it she is not saying, makes a big difference doesnt it, siblings go up the q.