Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Scary - "underground cavities"

Scary - "underground cavities"

Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scary - "underground cavities"

A portion of a busy downtown Al Ain road suddenly caved in due to an underground cavity, halting traffic on Wednesday night.

Nobody was reportedly hurt as the road - Mohammad Bin Khalifa Street - caved in around 5:30pm on Wednesday when the traffic was thin.

This is the first incident of a road subsidence in the city though Al Ain Municipality had already declared the presence of underground cavities in the city that could pose danger to roads, buildings, and other civic infrastructure.

Do we have these in Dubai????

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10198916.html

Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Biene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud of
Default Re: Scary - "underground cavities"

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
A portion of a busy downtown Al Ain road suddenly caved in due to an underground cavity, halting traffic on Wednesday night.

Nobody was reportedly hurt as the road - Mohammad Bin Khalifa Street - caved in around 5:30pm on Wednesday when the traffic was thin.

This is the first incident of a road subsidence in the city though Al Ain Municipality had already declared the presence of underground cavities in the city that could pose danger to roads, buildings, and other civic infrastructure.

Do we have these in Dubai????

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10198916.html

Yes we do.. the RTA are currently making one in Bur Dubai..
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

lol, you mean the one opposite Burjuman?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That bloody full stop....I was trying to clean my screen for the last minute thinking I had something on it, or a dead pixel...hmmm...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
That bloody full stop....I was trying to clean my screen for the last minute thinking I had something on it, or a dead pixel...hmmm...
you're too funny
Old Mar 21st 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Biene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
lol, you mean the one opposite Burjuman?
yeah, thats the one, I was tuck in traffic there and I was wondering what would happen if the ground just gave way...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Does this have anything to do with the "Drinking Holes" thread???