Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudia visa after visit to Iraq

Saudia visa after visit to Iraq

Old Mar 7th 2011, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Dani_Zoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudia visa after visit to Iraq

I am in negotiation phase for a job in Saudi Arabia. It will be finalized but may take some time. Meanwhile, I've got a job offer from a company in Iraq. I want to make this move to Iraq but I am somewhat confused about it, so decided to ask it here.

The relations between Saudia and Iraq have been strained for most of the time in the history. I've heard that Saudis reject the visa when they see the Iraq entry visa stamped on someone's passport. Is that true? Your guidance will be highly appreciated.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudia visa after visit to Iraq

Originally Posted by Dani_Zoom
I am in negotiation phase for a job in Saudi Arabia. It will be finalized but may take some time. Meanwhile, I've got a job offer from a company in Iraq. I want to make this move to Iraq but I am somewhat confused about it, so decided to ask it here.

The relations between Saudia and Iraq have been strained for most of the time in the history. I've heard that Saudis reject the visa when they see the Iraq entry visa stamped on someone's passport. Is that true? Your guidance will be highly appreciated.
No, I know at least two people who were working in Iraq directly before coming to KSA, they were both UK Nationals, one working for the Home Office, the other as a civilian supporting the military, didn't have any problems getting entry visa into KSA.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't it dangerous to work in Iraq?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps you are confusing Iraq with Israel. There are thousands of Iraqis living and working in Saudi.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMark
Isn't it dangerous to work in Iraq?
Apparently. THey were both in Baghdad. Had to very frequently visit the 'air raid' shelter every time they were being bombed. Seemed to happen on daily basis by their accounts.
Old May 5th 2011, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Nabeel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iraq visa problems

can any body tell me that iraqi govt is renewing the visas of Pakistanis national working in iraq now?I am working in Rumaila oil field and my renewal application is still in progrss
Old May 7th 2011, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lionheart
Perhaps you are confusing Iraq with Israel. There are thousands of Iraqis living and working in Saudi.