Reload this Page >

Saudi work visa in London

Saudi work visa in London

Old May 20th 2013, 9:45 am
Just Joined

littlemissbritish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi work visa in London

Hi!

Have to get my saudi work visa sorted soon, and wanted to do so without an agency, since it looks quite costly and doesn't look like the new job will be refund all the expenses.
So I'd like to ask:

1) Has anyone done it without an agency? Any advice would be helpful since the Embassy website where you're supposed to apply doesn't give much info.

2) Did your GP make a fuss about doing the medical?

Thanks!
Old May 20th 2013, 9:57 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi work visa in London

You really need to do it through an agency to be honest. Otherwise expect not to succeed or face big delays.
The company ought to pay for it or consider not working for them.
Old May 20th 2013, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Delays aren't really a problem, but it all does seem to be a huge hassle, with the serious lack in proper information.

Well my company in Jeddah said they would pay for the visa. Am I wrong to assume they don't mean the legalization and medical?

Thanks!
Old May 20th 2013, 11:51 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlemissbritish
Delays aren't really a problem, but it all does seem to be a huge hassle, with the serious lack in proper information.

Well my company in Jeddah said they would pay for the visa. Am I wrong to assume they don't mean the legalization and medical?

Thanks!
I would assume they mean the whole thing. I used Harley Medical (I think) before and it was a painless enough experience (minus about 400-500 quid) but worth it to avoid the ballache of dealing with Saudis
Old May 20th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
You really need to do it through an agency to be honest. Otherwise expect not to succeed or face big delays.
The company ought to pay for it or consider not working for them.
100% agree.

Definitely, definitely use an Agent, they have wasta in abundance at the Embassy and will make sure your application is perfect prior to submission.

I think WD's reference to delays was meant, not in the processing time, but in hanging around at the KSA Embassy.

Enjoy the Magic Kingdom when you get sandside
Old May 20th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.harleymedvisa.co.uk/

is the website for Harley. THey are exellent and do a fast turnaround (mine took about 7 working days over easter).

My costs for the medical (£620 - which you have to pay by cash or cheque) and travel to and fro were refunded by my contractor.
Old May 20th 2013, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it has to be done through an agency now. If your prospective employer in KSA is too mean to fork out for that, then that is a VERY LOUD warning bell.
Old May 20th 2013, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

some great advice, thanks everyone! will definitely have to sort that out with my contractor.
Old May 26th 2013, 7:53 am
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

will definitely have to sort that out with my contractor <

easy ..
Old May 26th 2013, 9:30 am
Just Joined

chiddock is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (I've tried searching for medical)... does anyone have general info for the options of completing the medical for the GCC contries before travelling (I'm a British citizen currently in the UK) or should this be done on arrival?

Any advice much appreciated.
Old May 26th 2013, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

If you are coming in on a temporary work visa (90 day, can get an iqama incountry) then go to HarleyMedVisa (linked above) and they'll handle the visa and medical onsite (private doc there, x-ray at another building down the road.) To gain iqama incountry you must take a medical in KSA. The staff there seriously know what they are doing and it'll all be painless with confidence they'll sort everything out. I couldn't have imagined what to do, or my success rate, if I'd not gone through them.
Old May 26th 2013, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of visa agents now. I am old enough to have used the remarkable Les Budd. i suspect he has now crossed over to the Great Visa Agency in The Sky.
Old May 26th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Unless you speak Arabic you have no chance of getting anywhere without an agent. I am conviced that the agent fee is shared with the Embassy staff.

Your GP can do the medical but he will also want to be paid . You canoot get it on the NHS.

Last edited by gottheTshirt; May 26th 2013 at 2:38 pm.
Old May 26th 2013, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

samerjam has a spectacular aura aboutsamerjam has a spectacular aura aboutsamerjam has a spectacular aura about

i live in Jeddah and speak Arabic
so , if you want to know anything about Jeddah send me a Private Messages

good luck
Old May 28th 2013, 11:27 am
Just Joined

GP medical costs 150. Just asked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.