Reload this Page >

Saudi Work VISA - Criminal Record

Saudi Work VISA - Criminal Record

Old Feb 7th 2018, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Work VISA - Criminal Record

Hi,

Does anyone have a good news story about being granted a Saudi Work VISA from the London Embassy even though they have a UK criminal record?

There are lots of threads about the application process including the ACRO certificate, but no stories of people being granted a VISA...or otherwise.

Thanks!

R
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Work VISA - Criminal Record

I don't know for sure, but think it depends what the record relates to. If it's something relatively minor-ish, I suspect you'd be OK (but no guarantees as down to discretion etc). It also depends on your employer - if they have wasta and are prepared to help, that would be very useful.

Anyway - good luck!
Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

function_analysis is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of personal experience it really depends on His mood and The Day. Back in 2011 my work visa was rejected on the grounds of two road traffic offences - conviction for overspeeding. Needless to say I never served any time, only paid for the time of conviction. My well established sponsor in Saudi made everything to thei power to influence His decision but they eventually failed. In the end I joined them on a 90D business visa.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. I’m not sure extended employment is possible on a 90D VISA so it’s unlikely that will be an option.

Although I’ve heard it’s hit or miss, I haven’t heard of anyone being issued a work VISA with a criminal record. Definitely seems more miss than hit!

R
Old Feb 11th 2018, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

I've had no problems getting visas with DD on my record, although it was a long time ago and has probably 'fallen off' by now. No-one was injured, no traffic violation, and I received no points, 'just' a ban.

Working on a 90 day visa for an extended time certainly isn't unheard of in the Kingdom. The two issues you should concern yourself with are getting medical insurance and a way to bank your ill-gotten gains.