Saudi work visa

Old Mar 12th 2017, 11:17 am
Just Joined

RT21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi work visa

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me with advice in regards my chances of getting visa approval for KSA please.

I have accepted an offer of employment in Riyadh due to start in a month's time. I have started the visa process and have been told all documents needed and process however I have come across what could be a big issue. I knew I would need a police report and thought nothing of it at the time as have had nothing apart from a driving conviction 20 years ago. However after looking into this, I am told I need an ACRO police certificate and this will show 'no live trace' as this conviction was from a long time ago, but then the Saudi embassy would ask for a full subject access to show details of the past conviction. The actual conviction was for driving under the influence of alcohol where I was given a 1 year driving ban and a fine. Obviously I'm not proud of this and was a stupid decision at the time and have never done again. This is recorded as a conviction which will stay on my police record for life, even though now is spent under UK law as I said was 20 years ago. So I am wondering if this will be rejected for a work visa by the Saudi Embassy. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on this please?

I was wondering if it will not be accepted, is there any option of getting a different visa where the ACRO certificate is not required and then getting this converted to a work visa when I am there.
Any advice or help will be really appreciated, I'm very much starting to think that I won't be able to go.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 20th 2018 at 7:10 pm. Reason: privacy
Old Apr 12th 2017, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Shenge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi work visa

I am completely in the same situation. I am also meant to be going to Riyadh next month, and fear the same as you. I have applied for a Subject Access Report, too. Would you like to chat offline?

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 20th 2018 at 7:10 pm. Reason: privacy
Old Apr 13th 2017, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RT21
Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me with advice in regards my chances of getting visa approval for KSA please.

I have accepted an offer of employment in Riyadh due to start in a month's time. I have started the visa process and have been told all documents needed and process however I have come across what could be a big issue. I knew I would need a police report and thought nothing of it at the time as have had nothing apart from a driving conviction 20 years ago. However after looking into this, I am told I need an ACRO police certificate and this will show 'no live trace' as this conviction was from a long time ago, but then the Saudi embassy would ask for a full subject access to show details of the past conviction. The actual conviction was for driving under the influence of alcohol where I was given a 1 year driving ban and a fine. Obviously I'm not proud of this and was a stupid decision at the time and have never done again. This is recorded as a conviction which will stay on my police record for life, even though now is spent under UK law as I said was 20 years ago. So I am wondering if this will be rejected for a work visa by the Saudi Embassy. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on this please?

I was wondering if it will not be accepted, is there any option of getting a different visa where the ACRO certificate is not required and then getting this converted to a work visa when I am there.
Any advice or help will be really appreciated, I'm very much starting to think that I won't be able to go.

Thanks very much.
did you get the visa? An update would be helpful to others in a similar position.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 25th 2018 at 12:25 am.
Old May 4th 2017, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

EDDY EID is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

If this old conviction is listed into your ACRO certificate, this might be a problem, but they should consider that it was spent conviction. Alcohol is prohibited at KSA, so I think they will consider your application.
Old May 5th 2017, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people go to Saudi on a Business Visa. that does not require clearance. You CANNOT change a Business Visa to one with a work permit after arrival.
Old May 5th 2017, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Some people go to Saudi on a Business Visa. that does not require clearance. You CANNOT change a Business Visa to one with a work permit after arrival.
That's right, but it could be your door to secure employment offer / contract, also there are 2 different types of business visas.....known as Commercial visits & Working visits.
Old May 10th 2017, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Going on a Business Visa means that you forfeit any protection you might have under the Saudi Labour Code. It also makes banking in Saudi difficult, car rental, getting a mobile phone, remitting money etc. With a business visa you are essentially a "non-person" there.
Old May 10th 2017, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

s.1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

getting a Saudi residency shouldn't be hard
Old May 10th 2017, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is really up to the Saudi sponsor. If he is competent it should be easy, but...........................
Old May 11th 2017, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Going on a Business Visa means that you forfeit any protection you might have under the Saudi Labour Code. It also makes banking in Saudi difficult, car rental, getting a mobile phone, remitting money etc. With a business visa you are essentially a "non-person" there.

Not for all cases, for instance an American passport holder who has been issued with working visit visa for 5 years/ 180 days per entry will be able to get Saudi bank account,car rental, mobile phone and this is connected to his Saudi sponsor. I processed these applications myself, what's really good about US passport holders is that they have privilege from Saudi sponsors as well as government , more over visa fee is less than all other nationals.
Old May 11th 2017, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by s.1988
getting a Saudi residency shouldn't be hard
It's really complicated process..... attestation, legalization, and FCO apostilization for academic certificates, ACRO certificate and medical report. Attestation process takes up to 6 weeks if you are lucky..... visa delegation, work MOFA approval,employer supporting letter approved by SAUDI CoC, .....and more. I would say it's not hard after you have been issued with work visa sticker from Saudi embassy before that it's really long process.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Tonny31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the same situation as you and I'm looking to join a company in Riyadh in September but I wanted to know if you had any luck in getting a visa. Would really appreciate your response as I'm struggling to find out.

I had come across one bloke who mentioned he knew a guy who had got a visa while his acro was showing Dr 10 but still wanted to know others outcome before I take the next step.

Thankyou very much.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 25th 2018 at 12:25 am.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Abuayesha is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently in the same situation when i was 15 me and some friends were caught shop lifting.. very stupid and its been almost 9years

How did it work out for u and any advice?

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2018, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

captainjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Abuayesha
Can anyone answer?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its going to take a miracle if you have a conviction on your record to be accepted by the Saudis - they ask for this report specifically for this purpose.

I think you're really hoping they will choose to ignore any convictions on the report but this is why they are asking for it - to see if any exist and then exclude/reject with extreme prejudice.

I really wish it wasnt the case but all those sand storms out there have blinded the Arabs
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

yassar is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently in a same situation, I have been told to fill out the ACRO and bring it with me.
My offence was 2011 and my conviction date was 2014.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.