Reload this Page >

Saudi Visa - When is the 30 Days from

Saudi Visa - When is the 30 Days from

Old Jul 13th 2017, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Mark353 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Visa - When is the 30 Days from

Hi I hope someone can help.

I arrived in Saudi on 3rd July using a two year 30 day working visit visa. My question is does the 30 days visit duration include my exit day as some websites say that it doesn't but hey this is Saudi so normal rules might no apply.

I am planning to leave on 2nd August so counting my arrival day as the first day 2nd August is the 31st day.

Many thanks in advance

Mark
Old Jul 13th 2017, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Visa - When is the 30 Days from

They do not use the Western Calendar. Try the Hegira calendar (ie lunar) the first thing you need is a dual calendar that you can use to convert dates back and forward.

Who is responsible in Saudi for your paperwork ? Speak to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_calendar

Last edited by scot47; Jul 13th 2017 at 1:07 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Mark353 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply but I don't think that using the Muslim calendar has any impact on the length of a stay.

It is still 30 days whether or not they are counted on the Muslim or Gregorian calendar. My proposed leaving day is on the 31st day since my arrival however some sources say this isn't counted. The Government Relations team in my company are worse than useless, I asked three of them and received three different answers

Reality is I probably will do a mid term visa run anyway as I don't fancy the 10,000 SAR fine but was wondering if I could.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Just be careful that you do not fall into the trap of thinking you can use the Western calendar ! I had friends who had been in KSA for years who never understood that an exit visa might be valid for 6 months - but that was 6 LUNAR months.

It was the same ones who often fell into the trap of forgetting to cancel an exit visa if they were not going to use it.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Er... last time I checked a day was 24 hours in both calendars. Not much anyone can do about that!

Months though, well that's a different issue.

Don't mess with this and cut it so fine. The consequences would not be pleasant and no one who gives you information will be reliable or will be accountable if they are wrong. Not worth it.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 9:20 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sicklyman
Er... last time I checked a day was 24 hours in both calendars. Not much anyone can do about that!

Months though, well that's a different issue.

Don't mess with this and cut it so fine. The consequences would not be pleasant and no one who gives you information will be reliable or will be accountable if they are wrong. Not worth it.
Can your HR dept not help?

I used to have a guy who worked for me in KSA who said there is some online system the HR team can check with.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

24 hours ? Well yes, but when does the new days begin ? An Islamic Date changes at Maghreb Paryer whereas the modern convention for the Western Calendar is that the new date kicks in at midnight !
Old Jul 18th 2017, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry scot47, no one's questioning the value of your vast knowledge of Middle Eastern culture and anthropology.

How's that revision of Burton's 1001 nights coming on?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am testing some of Burton's theories about bonking.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:54 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Can your HR dept not help?

I used to have a guy who worked for me in KSA who said there is some online system the HR team can check with.
Yeah, it's called Absher(the online system). The OP might not be in the system to use it to find out though as he's not a resident.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:56 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Just be careful that you do not fall into the trap of thinking you can use the Western calendar ! I had friends who had been in KSA for years who never understood that an exit visa might be valid for 6 months - but that was 6 LUNAR months.

It was the same ones who often fell into the trap of forgetting to cancel an exit visa if they were not going to use it.
Months have nothing to do with it these days. Your exit visa is valid for a number of days. You pay accordingly.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Right - that is more sensible nthan the old system. But do treat the Jawazat with respect. They bre not tro be messed with. Your Saudi company should have someone in HR who deals with them.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Were you OK leaving on 2 August? We've always worked on the following basis:

- count your arrival day as "day 1", the next day as "day 2" and so on.
- count to "day 30" using a calendar, and leave by 11.59pm on the immediately preceding day.

That's the most conservative approach. But if it's possible to leave ON day 30 and not count the arrival day, that would be helpful info.