Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - Updating Iqama

Saudi - Updating Iqama

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:45 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Saudi - Updating Iqama

hi folks,

has anyone updated information on their iqama? such as marital status, religion, etc.? and if so, how best to go about that? (especially if not looking to raise any eyebrows at work...)

cheers,

still.unsure
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi - Updating Iqama

Originally Posted by still.unsure View Post
hi folks,

has anyone updated information on their iqama? such as marital status, religion, etc.? and if so, how best to go about that? (especially if not looking to raise any eyebrows at work...)

cheers,

still.unsure
If you have converted to Islam, don't you need a new green Iqama? Only infidels get the brown shitty version.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:00 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
If you have converted to Islam, don't you need a new green Iqama? Only infidels get the brown shitty version.
haven't noticed the colors to be honest. mine's just a credit card style thing that, come to think of it, is a beige/light brown sort of color (with holograms and the whole nine yards)
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:35 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure View Post
haven't noticed the colors to be honest. mine's just a credit card style thing that, come to think of it, is a beige/light brown sort of color (with holograms and the whole nine yards)
Have you tried a PM to still.unsure, he's really helpful and seems to know all that's going on in Saudi.

hehehehehe
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

The newer style Iqama's are all the same colour, where the religion is printed on the card itself.

I thought that when my wife and step daughter joined me, the iqama would be updated to include their names, but they have both been issued with their own iqama, with separate numbers. But, the whole system is all computerised now anyway, so my wife's iqama is 'linked' to mine as her sponsor even though she has her own.

Iqama states name, nationality, religion, so if any of those change, then it would need updating, but not sure how you would go about that, unless it through your employer's broker?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
The newer style Iqama's are all the same colour, where the religion is printed on the card itself.

I thought that when my wife and step daughter joined me, the iqama would be updated to include their names, but they have both been issued with their own iqama, with separate numbers. But, the whole system is all computerised now anyway, so my wife's iqama is 'linked' to mine as her sponsor even though she has her own.

Iqama states name, nationality, religion, so if any of those change, then it would need updating, but not sure how you would go about that, unless it through your employer's broker?
hmmm... ok, was trying to avoid the company's liaison officer as he's a pain in the ar$e... oh well, shall have to see if it's worth it.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:47 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Why do you think you need to update your Iqama?

If you have changed your religion to muslim you will need to change to get into Mecca but I can't think of another reason.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

You have to renew / update your Iqama every year at the same time informeing you bank, failing to doso you face having your bank account being frozen.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:14 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Did'nt know that. I just get my residency renewed every couple of years, but then I've got nothing to update.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Have you tried a PM to still.unsure, he's really helpful and seems to know all that's going on in Saudi.

hehehehehe
trying to get the post count up, RK?