British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Saudi - Updating Iqama (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/saudi-updating-iqama-604831/)

still.unsure Apr 22nd 2009 7:45 am

Saudi - Updating Iqama

hi folks,

has anyone updated information on their iqama? such as marital status, religion, etc.? and if so, how best to go about that? (especially if not looking to raise any eyebrows at work...)

cheers,

still.unsure

lionheart Apr 22nd 2009 7:51 am

Re: Saudi - Updating Iqama

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7502441)
hi folks,

has anyone updated information on their iqama? such as marital status, religion, etc.? and if so, how best to go about that? (especially if not looking to raise any eyebrows at work...)

cheers,

still.unsure

If you have converted to Islam, don't you need a new green Iqama? Only infidels get the brown shitty version.

still.unsure Apr 22nd 2009 8:00 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7502456)
If you have converted to Islam, don't you need a new green Iqama? Only infidels get the brown shitty version.

haven't noticed the colors to be honest. mine's just a credit card style thing that, come to think of it, is a beige/light brown sort of color (with holograms and the whole nine yards)

Roadking Apr 22nd 2009 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7502482)
haven't noticed the colors to be honest. mine's just a credit card style thing that, come to think of it, is a beige/light brown sort of color (with holograms and the whole nine yards)

Have you tried a PM to still.unsure, he's really helpful and seems to know all that's going on in Saudi.

hehehehehe

nottmbantam Apr 23rd 2009 12:38 am

The newer style Iqama's are all the same colour, where the religion is printed on the card itself.

I thought that when my wife and step daughter joined me, the iqama would be updated to include their names, but they have both been issued with their own iqama, with separate numbers. But, the whole system is all computerised now anyway, so my wife's iqama is 'linked' to mine as her sponsor even though she has her own.

Iqama states name, nationality, religion, so if any of those change, then it would need updating, but not sure how you would go about that, unless it through your employer's broker?

still.unsure Apr 23rd 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 7505437)
The newer style Iqama's are all the same colour, where the religion is printed on the card itself.

I thought that when my wife and step daughter joined me, the iqama would be updated to include their names, but they have both been issued with their own iqama, with separate numbers. But, the whole system is all computerised now anyway, so my wife's iqama is 'linked' to mine as her sponsor even though she has her own.

Iqama states name, nationality, religion, so if any of those change, then it would need updating, but not sure how you would go about that, unless it through your employer's broker?

hmmm... ok, was trying to avoid the company's liaison officer as he's a pain in the ar$e... oh well, shall have to see if it's worth it.

eylesda Apr 24th 2009 6:47 am

Why do you think you need to update your Iqama?

If you have changed your religion to muslim you will need to change to get into Mecca:) but I can't think of another reason.

coffindodger Apr 24th 2009 7:05 am

You have to renew / update your Iqama every year at the same time informeing you bank, failing to doso you face having your bank account being frozen.

eylesda Apr 24th 2009 11:14 am

Did'nt know that. I just get my residency renewed every couple of years, but then I've got nothing to update.

still.unsure Apr 25th 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7503897)
Have you tried a PM to still.unsure, he's really helpful and seems to know all that's going on in Saudi.

hehehehehe

trying to get the post count up, RK? ;)