Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Residents Visa

Saudi Residents Visa

Old Aug 6th 2016, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Richie1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Residents Visa

I am currently in the process of applying for a Saudi residents visa, I have previously had and used a business visa and am working a rotation in Saudi. In the past, over 8 years ago I have had 5 UK police cautions and the embassy has asked for a subject access report from the police after my check came back with no live trace Does anyone know what the chances are of me obtaining this visa? Is there anyone out there who has this visa even though they have police cautions?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Residents Visa

errr what kind of cautions?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Possession of class C, criminal damage, assault. All were very long ago and part of a misspent youth I'm afraid. Very ashamed about it these days and can't believe what an idiot I was. To be honest I think a couple of these were discharged and I have no criminal convictions.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

if these were a very long time ago, surely they wouldn't need to be declared? Unfortunately i have no idea on this front.
We have placed consultants with clients who have requested a police clearance letter - is that the same thing you are referring too?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

I was under that impression as well. However as part of the process to obtain the visa we had to supply a Police check from ARCO which came back with a 'No live trace'. I believe that means that all my past mistakes are spent and essentially over in terms of UK law. However there is information held on record by the police. The subject access report that they've asked for will disclose all the information the police have ever had about me, including cautions, arrests, even any intelligence they might've had at the time. I'm technically not a criminal and have no criminal convictions but do have information on record, if that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply, I'm obviously very concerned and it's not helping me sleep much.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Is there anyone else out there who has had any experience with this? Or any information that might either put my mind at ease or confirm my suspicions.

Thanks.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richie1984
Is there anyone else out there who has had any experience with this? Or any information that might either put my mind at ease or confirm my suspicions.

Thanks.
UK police cannot disclose anything that is spent, unless the request comes from an organisation working with children.

Fortunately for you, the UK feds are not aware how childish the saudi's are.

Did you get all 5 cautions on the same night?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

If its a job with the Mutawa you are going for, then ignore the above
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

mrkjd is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how worrying this can be. I also had a couple of scrapes as a 17 yr old and needed to obtain a police check for a visa (not Saudi). Bloody police report showed everything as did the English Disclosure check. I rang them to explain they were conditional and well spent and the guy was helpful and said apply through the Scottish system ( even though my address was England). Well the check came back clean! This was a few years ago but maybe still applies.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

formal caution, or informal caution? I have my doubts they would even be in the system after 8 years.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Mal786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately the spent interpretation is different to the way it is defined in the UK.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 6:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
UK police cannot disclose anything that is spent, unless the request comes from an organisation working with children.

Fortunately for you, the UK feds are not aware how childish the saudi's are.

Did you get all 5 cautions on the same night?
The UK police can (and must) disclose spent convictions if the enquiry is for immigration purposes.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there rich, currently trying to organise a visa for my wife who has a spent conviction from 17 years ago and wondered how this panned out for you?

Last edited by Busylizzy; Nov 17th 2016 at 4:25 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 10:49 am
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Busylizzy
Hi there rich, currently trying to organise a visa for my wife who has a spent conviction from 17 years ago and wondered how this panned out for you?
I have worked in KSA before without any problems. Last year I was offered a new contract, but unfortunately this time I was requested to provide an ACRO certificate for new visa processing. I have a spent conviction from 36 years ago. This came up as No Living Trace on my certificate and rejected by embassy officials. I have worked overseas for most of my working life. It seems very unfair that our wonderful government wish to stop people from working abroad if they have a spent sentence. In the U.K. I can legally not disclose for employment reasons under the ROA act. Ridiculous.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smilingcamel
I have worked in KSA before without any problems. Last year I was offered a new contract, but unfortunately this time I was requested to provide an ACRO certificate for new visa processing. I have a spent conviction from 36 years ago. This came up as No Living Trace on my certificate and rejected by embassy officials. I have worked overseas for most of my working life. It seems very unfair that our wonderful government wish to stop people from working abroad if they have a spent sentence. In the U.K. I can legally not disclose for employment reasons under the ROA act. Ridiculous.
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you no longer work in Saudi? Do they still give you business visas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.