Saudi offer

Old Apr 29th 2019, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi offer

Originally Posted by Tahir84
I have decided to go for it, as money was just one aspect of the many which i have considered. in any case, i see this an opportunity to get my foot in the door for other opportunities within KSA/MENA rail projects.
I think that's exactly the right decision. When you factor in what you said for accommodation etc you're looking at around 45k a month all in. For your first job in the ME, mid-level, with 10 years experience, in rail, that's fine. As you say, it's a foot in the door, as well as on the Middle East salary ladder.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
yeah, you should be able to bring your family no problem.

BTW, they have to pay your ticket when you first arrive and when you leave by law, so that doesn't mean anything.

but anyways, congrats and good luck on the move!
and like you say, you can use it as a stepping stone. It's often not your first job in KSA that defines you but your second or third. I know many people who have gone on to bigger and better things after an initial(nothing amazing) job.
Originally Posted by Standanista
I think that's exactly the right decision. When you factor in what you said for accommodation etc you're looking at around 45k a month all in. For your first job in the ME, mid-level, with 10 years experience, in rail, that's fine. As you say, it's a foot in the door, as well as on the Middle East salary ladder.
Thank you both for motivational words, it certainly gives me some confidence going ahead. I have begun the visa process today with their dedicated visa agent based in London.
Old May 13th 2019, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

how long depends on the visa, but seeing how you mention your family I'm presuming it's on an Iqama.

after getting relevant documents attested and then verified by the SACB, doing your medical etc, I would allow about a week to get the initial visa in your passport. It could be two days. It depends. Be aware that Ramadan is coming up which will slow things down.

This is a link of registered visa agents.
https://saudiembassyuk.co.uk/authori...visa-services/

last time I did it I used Britannia and it was straightforward enough. I'd suggest contacting an agent and they can give you up to date info. Things change all the time about requirements.

if all your documents are in order though, it should be fairly quick.

on arrival in Saudi you will be on ninety days probation, after which you can start the process to bring your family.
Hi - thanks for that link - very useful. Did you pay Britannia direct or did your Company sort it. My husband is trying to sort his Visa at the moment.
Old May 15th 2019, 7:10 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
Hi - thanks for that link - very useful. Did you pay Britannia direct or did your Company sort it. My husband is trying to sort his Visa at the moment.
I paid them direct,, kept receipts for everything, and I mean everything, and was reimbursed on day one on arrival at the company office.

different companies do it different ways. My previous job sorted everything out through their UK recruiter and I didn't do anything.

As long as you're not paying that's the main thing.
Old May 22nd 2019, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

an update - my visa will be stamped by end of this week, i wanted to ask the current requirements for applying the family visa (from KSA). I am aware of the requirement of legalisation (by FCO, UK) of children's birth certificates. Regarding the marriage certificate, i was married in Pakistan, the marriage cert has been translated, which was attested by Foreign Office in Pakistan, and i am due to get it attested from Pakistan consulate in the UK. Can someone please confirm that after legalisation of Birth certs, do i need to get these attested by Saudi embassy or is that enough. The same question for marriage cert applies, i..e after attestation of Pakistan consulate (UK), what are the next steps.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 9:37 am
Just Joined

mattson_SA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tahir,
Are you in SA now?
Old May 4th 2020, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

it's not that bad.
Shut it, Its a hardship location and we deserve every penny. Sorry guys the sun has got to him. Don't come its horrible, you would hate it.