Saudi offer

Old Apr 8th 2019, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi offer

While i await the official offer, i have been thinking as to how i can minimise the processing times associated with visa for both myself and family. What is the actual process (steps) and the relevant requirements associated with these steps from accepting the offer to the time my family can join in KSA?

I understand there are requirements for documents to be attested/notarised etc.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. You really want to go to ksa .
Old Apr 9th 2019, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Wow. You really want to go to ksa .
You are jealous as you cant have the Rio lifestyle

He will realise after 2 weeks what a mistake - I love watching lambs to slaughter
Old Apr 9th 2019, 12:29 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
You are jealous as you cant have the Rio lifestyle

He will realise after 2 weeks what a mistake - I love watching lambs to slaughter
it's not that bad.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 12:43 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tahir84
While i await the official offer, i have been thinking as to how i can minimise the processing times associated with visa for both myself and family. What is the actual process (steps) and the relevant requirements associated with these steps from accepting the offer to the time my family can join in KSA?

I understand there are requirements for documents to be attested/notarised etc.
how long depends on the visa, but seeing how you mention your family I'm presuming it's on an Iqama.

after getting relevant documents attested and then verified by the SACB, doing your medical etc, I would allow about a week to get the initial visa in your passport. It could be two days. It depends. Be aware that Ramadan is coming up which will slow things down.

This is a link of registered visa agents.
https://saudiembassyuk.co.uk/authori...visa-services/

last time I did it I used Britannia and it was straightforward enough. I'd suggest contacting an agent and they can give you up to date info. Things change all the time about requirements.

if all your documents are in order though, it should be fairly quick.

on arrival in Saudi you will be on ninety days probation, after which you can start the process to bring your family.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
on arrival in Saudi you will be on ninety days probation, after which you can start the process to bring your family.
I didn't realise that you have to work your full probation period before you can start the family visa process. Is that a strict government/immigration rule or more so that each company has their own preference?
Old Apr 11th 2019, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Companies all have different procedures. When I worked for the airline I had to do 3 months probatiuon. With the university family could join on Day One. Different strokes !
Old Apr 12th 2019, 10:07 am

I didn't realise that you have to work your full probation period before you can start the family visa process. Is that a strict government/immigration rule or more so that each company has their own preference?
it's not set in stone, but it's fairly common. The majority of people are on a single status contact so being able to go at the same time is not possible.

bear in mind that the ninety days works both ways. It's also time for you to get a feel for your employer, the job, the city you're living in, and Saudi life in general. You don't want to spend loads of cash uprooting everyone to find out a bit later that you hate the job, the country etc.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

i have the offer (one page document stamped / signed by HR) which has:
Job Title
Dept
Base Salary: 33,000 SAR
Accom (25% of base)
Trans (10% of base)
Others; N/A
Contract Status: married
Medical insurance: As per Company policy
Social insurance: Covered as per GOSI law
Annual leave; 30
ticket entitlements: 1 round ticket for employee plus wife and 2 kids
probation: 90 days
contract length: 1 year renewable
offer validity: 7 days

the question is what other things should be stated on this offer, i was expecting an employment contract, which has relevant policies on working hours/days, bonus etc, which is what i would have signed and returned. What other things do i need to be asking at this point please, i have already asked for visa costs (they confirmed reimbursable), provision of temporary accommodation and transport until i get iqamah (okayed), end of service (they confirmed to be as per labour laws).

Last edited by Tahir84; Apr 24th 2019 at 12:55 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

IntMon is an unknown quantity at this point

Job Title
Dept
Accom (25% of base)
Trans (10% of base)
Others; N/A
Annual leave; 30

the question is what other things should be stated on this offer, i was expecting an employment contract, which has relevant policies on working hours/days, bonus etc, which is what i would have signed and returned. What other things do i need to be asking at this point please, i have already asked for visa costs (they confirmed reimbursable), provision of temporary accommodation and transport until i get iqamah (okayed), end of service (they confirmed to be as per labour laws).
I remember receiving a similar letter signed by HR with very basic details. This, I think, is just a preliminary offer. Only after you have signed and returned it you can start the process of getting a visa. Then once you arrive in KSA you will be offered a proper detailed contract that you will also need to sign.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Job Title
Dept
Accom (25% of base)
Trans (10% of base)
Others; N/A
Annual leave; 30

Congratulations Tahir
Old Apr 28th 2019, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Standanista
Congratulations Tahir
Thanks Rob.
i have countered their offer last week. Not heard anything back (yet). I would be lying if i said that i am not sweating the wait, as the initial offer had only 7 days limit with it (expiring today). Is this standard with them? I was kind of happy with their offer however just wasnt sure whether there was more 'money on table', (and on the basis of info from this forum) 33k seemed on the low end for 10 plus years experience.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

omega7 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can never be sure, but i doubt that they will withdraw the offer and tell you it has now expired.

You did well to counter-offer. The money is not much for Saudi. This is not a bargain; for sure.

Most likely, if they don't increase their offer, they will just tell you that this is it, and up to you to decide.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

just an update, they called this morning, as asserted that this was the final offer. Also, I found through LinkedIn, couple of engineers (who i know from the UK) working in the same company/location, confirmed the the salary range for this role to be circa 35K. That said, the company has confirmed that they will also pay for the initial ticket out to KSA.

I have decided to go for it, as money was just one aspect of the many which i have considered. in any case, i see this an opportunity to get my foot in the door for other opportunities within KSA/MENA rail projects.

The visa they're applying for will be of 'Project engineer', would that be the right one to make sure that i can get the family out there?
Old Apr 29th 2019, 4:13 pm

just an update, they called this morning, as asserted that this was the final offer. Also, I found through LinkedIn, couple of engineers (who i know from the UK) working in the same company/location, confirmed the the salary range for this role to be circa 35K. That said, the company has confirmed that they will also pay for the initial ticket out to KSA.

I have decided to go for it, as money was just one aspect of the many which i have considered. in any case, i see this an opportunity to get my foot in the door for other opportunities within KSA/MENA rail projects.

The visa they're applying for will be of 'Project engineer', would that be the right one to make sure that i can get the family out there?
yeah, you should be able to bring your family no problem.

BTW, they have to pay your ticket when you first arrive and when you leave by law, so that doesn't mean anything.

but anyways, congrats and good luck on the move!
and like you say, you can use it as a stepping stone. It's often not your first job in KSA that defines you but your second or third. I know many people who have gone on to bigger and better things after an initial(nothing amazing) job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.