Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi: Multiple entry/exit stamp for family members?

Saudi: Multiple entry/exit stamp for family members?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Saudi: Multiple entry/exit stamp for family members?

Hi All,

Here's an odd one, I want to get multiple entry/exit stamps for my family passports (have one for my own passport already). My company is claiming that this will cost 1300 Riyals for each passport which seems excessive - the stamp itself is 500 Riyals, I assume the extra 800 is for some oiling/greasing that is required somewhere along the way. The company claims it is difficult to get a multiple entry stamp for family members, hence the extra 800 SAR.

Does anyone have any other experience? Is this something that I could just do myself by heading down to the Ministry of the Interior with the passports?

Any comments welcome,

MU.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

MGinRiyadh is a jewel in the roughMGinRiyadh is a jewel in the roughMGinRiyadh is a jewel in the roughMGinRiyadh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Saudi: Multiple entry/exit stamp for family members?

Hi MU,

If you have an Iqama, the cost of the mutiple exit entry visa is Sr500 (Sr200 for a one time only).

Your company should be picking up the cost of this. Sadly, you will not get anywhere trying to do it yourself - you need a Muakkab to help you with this.

As for the extra Sr800 - someone is taking a cut somewhere!!

Not too much help I'm afraid, but confirms your suspicions.

All the best,

MG
Old Apr 18th 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Saudi: Multiple entry/exit stamp for family members?

Thanks very much MG, confirms my suspicions indeed. Someone is taking a cut (or the p*ss!).

Cheers,

MU.