Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Multi-Entry Visa question

Saudi Multi-Entry Visa question

Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Saudi Multi-Entry Visa question

I have a Multi-Entry visa. Valid for 180 days, 30 days per visit.

Does the 180 days start on the date of issue or the date of initial entry?

It should expire during the first week of March. If I pop across to Abu Dhabi at the end of February do I still get 30 days after I come back even though my visa will have expired?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Multi-Entry Visa question

All visas are valid from the date of issue. If you try to re-enter on an expired visa, you will not be allowed entry. Is this simple enough?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

I will reenter a week before it expires. Am I elligible for 30 days or do I only have until it expires before I have to leave to get a totally new visa?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:20 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khitan004
I will reenter a week before it expires. Am I elligible for 30 days or do I only have until it expires before I have to leave to get a totally new visa?
You have to be out before it expires.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
You have to be out before it expires.
Nope.

AFAIK

You can't get in after it expires. You must leave 30 days after each entry.

If you time it right you could stretch a 180 day to a 209 day visa.

I've never been too sure about this but my Lebanese friend was always certain this was the case and put theory into practice on his last visit.

Although saying that I don't intend to test this theory myself.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:23 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Nope.
Well, several of my colleagues have been fined for overstaying the visa but not the individual visit length.

I have been told "you need to leave by X" when I've entered just before expiry.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Well, several of my colleagues have been fined for overstaying the visa but not the individual visit length.

I have been told "you need to leave by X" when I've entered just before expiry.
That's why I would not test the theory myself. Feels like they make it up as they go along.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:34 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

You must leave the country before your visa expires. If you overstay at least one day or even minute, you will be jailed until you or your sponsor pay penalty of 10'000 SAR.
That's a low, and it works.
Unless you or your sponsor don't have a necessary vasta.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northbadawi
You must leave the country before your visa expires. If you overstay at least one day or even minute, you will be jailed until you or your sponsor pay penalty of 10'000 SAR.
That's a low, and it works.
Unless you or your sponsor don't have a necessary vasta.
On the 90 or 180 day multi entry business visa you cannot re-enter if expired and you cannot stay more than 30 days. You can stay past the 90 or 180 days as long as you do not exceed the 30 days visit limit. Tried and tested (not by me personally I may add) and we are by no means wastafarians
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Visa is from date of issue in the Islamic Calendar, not sure if you can stay over the expiry date or not. I'm not brave enough to risk it.

One of the happiest days of my life was at T1 and the check in bloke said my visa had expired, I was in a taxi by the time he said another word calling our Admin to cancel the hotel and car. First thing I did was go and get a beer.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

At least you guys have confirmed my theory: nobody knows for sure.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:14 am
Not an evil hypnotist

Originally Posted by khitan004
At least you guys have confirmed my theory: nobody knows for sure.
Having known people fined, detained, denied exit and deported (and in one case, all four), my advice remains not to push things.

YMMV...
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

According to embassy you can enter Saudi up to the expiration date of your visa. After that you are allowed another 30 days to stay and leave. No exit visa is required. Only after that 30 days will be be liable to be prosecuted.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Or they can do what they want and you dont have a leg to stand on and the embassy will do **** all.

Dont rock the boat or give the inbred tosspots a chance to turn you over.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like I'm having to go ahead with this. I will see what happens and report back. Hope to see you on the other side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.