Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Iqama Renewal

Saudi Iqama Renewal

Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi Iqama Renewal

Does anyone know the requirements for renewal of Iqama for british or american citizens and just how long are Iqamas good for?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Iqama Renewal

All are valid for 1 year and it takes a couple of days to renew it, this is all done by your employer and of little hassle to you at all. Its a very simple thing to do there Mr. Fixit (company p.r. man or admin manager. ) will be able to advise you.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Coffindodger but I was under the impression that Iqamas were good for 2yrs, have the laws changed?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:01 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

My iqama is definitely valid for 2 years...(I've just checked to be sure)
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is certainly valid for one year, (must be the cheap company i work for !! )
Talking of crazy drivers, i was side swiped this morning on the way into work on the eastern ring road. not a lot of damage to mine apart from a little chipped paint , but he young idiot was weaving in and out of traffic and i saw him in my rear view mirror and said to my self he is fukcing close to me and then bang !! not a happy chappie and the idiot didnt even stop, just off he went.
Ahhhhh the pleasures of driving in a third world country.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:10 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Mine is certainly valid for one year, (must be the cheap company i work for !! )
Talking of crazy drivers, i was side swiped this morning on the way into work on the eastern ring road. not a lot of damage to mine apart from a little chipped paint , but he young idiot was weaving in and out of traffic and i saw him in my rear view mirror and said to my self he is fukcing close to me and then bang !! not a happy chappie and the idiot didnt even stop, just off he went.
Ahhhhh the pleasures of driving in a third world country.
Personally I think you have to choose to look at it from the happy angle. Imagine if he had stopped, you had proceeded to lecture the fool at which point he would have probably told you it was your fault since you weren't meant to be here in the first place which then naturally would have meant him ending on the floor with a broken nose and you being arrested (and assigned blame for the accident and given lashings in public for your blatant assault on an innocent person).
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes true but these mindless brain dead muppets !! enough said.
Yes it'll cost me about 100 riyals to have the paint work re touched up,
i will save that for a rainy day and a monday.
(Hey there's a song about rainy days and mondays ha ha )
Been here tooooooooo long.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Boy, that was a close call! Glad you're okay and nothing serious happen. We do put our life on the line everytime we drive here.

btw, is a medical required for renewal of Iqama?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Just a thought here re the life on your Iquama.
I hope you are not reading the arabic years. ie 1430 / 1431
!!
Re if you require a medical it all depends on what your job is, i havent a medical for my renewal and this is my 4th renewal and i changed employers and companies.
I was in Taif up untill this time last year working for xx company now i am in Riyadh working for zzz company.
If you are in the Hospital world then yes you do have to have another yearly medical.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks once again! My employer or I should say the people who admin for him are not the most proactive bunch. It seems I do all the work if I want to get something done in a timely manner. This is probably just me, but I feel I'm pushing and pulling daily to get the simplest things done.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DesertOcean
Thanks once again! My employer or I should say the people who admin for him are not the most proactive bunch. It seems I do all the work if I want to get something done in a timely manner. This is probably just me, but I feel I'm pushing and pulling daily to get the simplest things done.
Ha Ha Hey welcome to the costa del sand pit.
I know it well i also have the same problems every day it's good isnt it.
Now i play there game and watch every thing just fall around them,
it is a good game you should try it one day.
THE INSHALLAH GAME as i call it.
Mind you i always make sure my end is water tight.
No flask or poo comes back down to me.
i think its a superb game.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DesertOcean
No it is not just you...

I'm doing compounds tomorrow off my own back. Want to see about 4 - relatively posh ones. Any recommendations chaps and chapesses? Planning to move family over for Sep 2010 so have a bit of time but do realise nothing's guaranteed.

In rucking shallah
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Here is a list i made last year for most of the compounds, not all of them but about 95% of them.
Hope this helps.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/COMPOUNDS_IN_RIYADH
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Here is a list i made last year for most of the compounds, not all of them but about 95% of them.
Hope this helps.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/COMPOUNDS_IN_RIYADH
cheers...I did have a look at this before

where's the majestic Seder Village on your list?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ahhh ok i did miss one or two of my list sorry about that. ha ha
Sedar is a nice compound nice shop ,
nice pool side area, sporty wise its also ok.
i do know a couple of brits living on there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.