British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Saudi Iqama Job Title (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/saudi-iqama-job-title-777932/)

Louni Nov 17th 2012 3:31 pm

Saudi Iqama Job Title

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with this?

~Does the job title on the passport influence the Iqama? I am still a BA graduate on my passport. Would I need to change my passport to my current job title?
Also, which is better when applying for Iqama? To have the job title on my passport as Manager, or BA graduate ? Does it make a difference?

~Also, Ive been hearing alot of visas are being refused lately? How can I avoid this from happening?

Thanks!

norsk Nov 18th 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Saudi Iqama Job Title

Originally Posted by Louni (Post 10387690)
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with this?

~Does the job title on the passport influence the Iqama? I am still a BA graduate on my passport. Would I need to change my passport to my current job title?
Also, which is better when applying for Iqama? To have the job title on my passport as Manager, or BA graduate ? Does it make a difference?

~Also, Ive been hearing alot of visas are being refused lately? How can I avoid this from happening?

Thanks!

I guessing you are Egyptian as that is the only country I am aware of where people have their occupation listed in their passport. To be honest nobody in the West has this (that I am aware of) so we wouldn't know, but I would guess it wholly depends on how the embassy member of staff who looks at your application feels at exactly that point in time...

Louni Nov 19th 2012 7:02 am

thanks a million for your help!

Ash786 Nov 19th 2012 7:16 am

Louni

I think there is an issue with delay's for Iqama's. A lot of the expats I work with are still awaiting theirs (I have been waiting for five months). I think a lot of it is to do with Saudisation rules and the penalties companies are facing for not employing more Saudi's. Plus the local press yesterday stated that the price of Iqama's is going up considerably. My company are prioritising staff in terms of seniority, so those of us at mid-level will be in for along wait

Ash

scot47 Nov 28th 2012 11:20 am

The NITIQAT system is said tgo be accessible online and thatexplaind the job quota system where a quota is allocated. Complicated and probably wasta-ridden.

siddiqui Nov 28th 2012 1:20 pm

Usually the title appears as per your education degree and the employment letter.

coffindodger Nov 28th 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by siddiqui (Post 10405742)
Usually the title appears as per your education degree and the employment letter.

which means nothing !!! i have been here for over 8 years, now and my job title on my iqama is first aid nurse.
Now yes i do teach first aid but also teaching fire safety, nebosh and iosh,
you could be a t boy on your iqama it all depends on what you company has visa for certain jobs at that time of day.

siddiqui Nov 28th 2012 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 10406300)
which means nothing !!! i have been here for over 8 years, now and my job title on my iqama is first aid nurse.
Now yes i do teach first aid but also teaching fire safety, nebosh and iosh,
you could be a t boy on your iqama it all depends on what you company has visa for certain jobs at that time of day.

True

A friend of mine is a electrician on iqama but works as a accounts manager.