Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Family visit visa

Saudi Family visit visa

Old Jan 1st 2017, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

EK28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Family visit visa

Husband and I lived in Saudi and my parents want to come visit us. Does anyone know or have any experience of applying for a visit visa for parents when they don't live in their country of birth? My parents live in the US but are originally from the UK. Would they need to submit their documents to the Saudi Embassy in the UK or could they apply through the one in Washington?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 1st 2017, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Family visit visa

Originally Posted by EK28
Husband and I lived in Saudi and my parents want to come visit us. Does anyone know or have any experience of applying for a visit visa for parents when they don't live in their country of birth? My parents live in the US but are originally from the UK. Would they need to submit their documents to the Saudi Embassy in the UK or could they apply through the one in Washington?

Thanks in advance
You apply in the country in that you are resident. Or the county that you hold the passport from.

I'm short - DC. .
Old Jan 1st 2017, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the quick reply. That's a relief! Didn't fancy sending documents to the UK from the US
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Moalsahli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm based in Riyadh
if you're still having difficulty in applying just drop me a message and I'll do my best to help you.

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2017, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Haven't started the process yet as they aren't planning to visit until May. Do you think I should apply soon or will the visa expire before they travel?
Old Jan 5th 2017, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EK28
Haven't started the process yet as they aren't planning to visit until May. Do you think I should apply soon or will the visa expire before they travel?
They will probably get a 3 month single entry - 6 month, if they are lucky...and a multiple entry if they are really unlucky.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moalsahli
Hi
I'm based in Riyadh
if you're still having difficulty in applying just drop me a message and I'll do my best to help you.

Thanks
Better to post the info on the forum then others can benefit from it too.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Moalsahli is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys
there should be no problem to apply it now and get the approval first or sometimes late in march, however the visa days will not count till they've already entered the kingdom. Moreover, you could extend it if you wanted.

Best wishes
Old Jan 8th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moalsahli
the visa days will not count till they've already entered the kingdom.
you should check that there is no restriction on when they must enter. They may have to enter within 90 days after the visa is granted.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sicklyman
you should check that there is no restriction on when they must enter. They may have to enter within 90 days after the visa is granted.
This is also my understanding:

Once issued - they have to use it within three months.
Once in KSA, the length of stay is usually fixed, 30/60/90 days.

Don't apply for it too early if they are coming in May. I'd suggest start the process around mid March time.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that sicklyman. I'll hold off till March just in case.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
They will probably get a 3 month single entry - 6 month, if they are lucky...and a multiple entry if they are really unlucky.
Do you mean if they are really lucky they will get a multiple entry?

I didn't think Saudi did multiple entry family visit visas.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Busylizzy
Do you mean if they are really lucky they will get a multiple entry?

I didn't think Saudi did multiple entry family visit visas.
No. There was no typo. Saudi is a shit hole - you only need to go once.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Busylizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No. There was no typo. Saudi is a shit hole - you only need to go once.
Lol
Old Jan 11th 2017, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

In all seriousness is there. Multiple entry visa for families? We wanted to do a trip outside the Kingdom but was going to tag it on the end their visit as we didn't think they would get back in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.