Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi family visa complications?

Saudi family visa complications?

Old Jul 13th 2021, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold
Default Saudi family visa complications?

Hi forum. My husband has been offered a job in Saudi. He, myself (the wife) and our two kids are currently in London, UK.

My understanding is that husband will need to travel to Saudi first, enter on his work visa (he is not being given a visit visa, but a work visa) and his iqama will be sorted for him after his arrival. Once his iqama is sorted, then a visa/iqama will be arranged (by his company) for myself and the kids to then travel over to KSA and join him. I am aware that the iqama for myself and the kids may take a long time, even around 6 months, to be issued.

My question: is it true that the iqama for the dependents must be issued to them in their passport country (my case: UK)? I ask this question because my original plan was to wait in Dubai and then quarantine in Bahrain for two weeks before entering KSA. If the dependent iqama must be issued to the dependents in their passport country then it'll change my plans somewhat..

Thank you.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 1:48 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi family visa complications?

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Hi forum. My husband has been offered a job in Saudi. He, myself (the wife) and our two kids are currently in London, UK.

My understanding is that husband will need to travel to Saudi first, enter on his work visa (he is not being given a visit visa, but a work visa) and his iqama will be sorted for him after his arrival. Once his iqama is sorted, then a visa/iqama will be arranged (by his company) for myself and the kids to then travel over to KSA and join him. I am aware that the iqama for myself and the kids may take a long time, even around 6 months, to be issued.

My question: is it true that the iqama for the dependents must be issued to them in their passport country (my case: UK)? I ask this question because my original plan was to wait in Dubai and then quarantine in Bahrain for two weeks before entering KSA. If the dependent iqama must be issued to the dependents in their passport country then it'll change my plans somewhat..

Thank you.
You're confusing the iqama and the visa. Your dependent visa will be issued in the UK, or any other country that you have residency in. But you're iqama will be issued in KSA.

Also, everything is done online now, and HR can guide your husband through the process but there are certain things that will have to be done by your husband himself on the MOI portal or through Absher.

And regarding the time of it all, it will take max 90 days for your husband to get his Iqama. This is the law. From personal experience I've had it take 2 months to get an iqama before which was down to the company not giving a shit, and I've had it take 5 days which was down to working for a professional outfit.

Your Iqama will be done by the company once you've done your medical in KSA, and should be very quick. Max one week after you've done your medical.

This is how I remember things anyway. Maybe others have more recent info.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker

My family and I got our KSA visas at the same time (not from our passport country).
Old Jul 15th 2021, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
You're confusing the iqama and the visa. Your dependent visa will be issued in the UK, or any other country that you have residency in. But you're iqama will be issued in KSA.

Also, everything is done online now, and HR can guide your husband through the process but there are certain things that will have to be done by your husband himself on the MOI portal or through Absher.

And regarding the time of it all, it will take max 90 days for your husband to get his Iqama. This is the law. From personal experience I've had it take 2 months to get an iqama before which was down to the company not giving a shit, and I've had it take 5 days which was down to working for a professional outfit.

Your Iqama will be done by the company once you've done your medical in KSA, and should be very quick. Max one week after you've done your medical.

This is how I remember things anyway. Maybe others have more recent info.
Bang on fella, once he has an iqama he can set up the Absher account and then manage visas online. Since covid and the lack of distractions I think everything has got a bit quicker.