Saudi Entry Visa

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

mcmonkiez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Entry Visa

Folks,

As per law for going to work in Saudi have to have work visa..

I have got Visa stamped from london and on the second page its kind a postal Stamp and says Entry visa.

and on the Visa page all the details and says 90 days for valid and Iqama also valid for 90 days once I enter into Saudi.

Now question is.

If I want to leave Saudi do i have to have exit visa on my passport?

coz last time i visit saudi on a business visit visa which does not require exit visa ..

the reason is asking as i am going there for work and if i dont like the work or soemthing goes wrong.. never know may be not..

can i able to leave the country or do i need exit visa to leave the country.

also as per saudi labour law can i able to resign from the job with in 90 days if i dont like the job.? and ask them to sedn me back to UK.

very complicated Saudi Law...
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:06 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Saudi Entry Visa

Originally Posted by mcmonkiez
Folks,

As per law for going to work in Saudi have to have work visa..

I have got Visa stamped from london and on the second page its kind a postal Stamp and says Entry visa.

and on the Visa page all the details and says 90 days for valid and Iqama also valid for 90 days once I enter into Saudi.

Now question is.

If I want to leave Saudi do i have to have exit visa on my passport?

coz last time i visit saudi on a business visit visa which does not require exit visa ..

the reason is asking as i am going there for work and if i dont like the work or soemthing goes wrong.. never know may be not..

can i able to leave the country or do i need exit visa to leave the country.

also as per saudi labour law can i able to resign from the job with in 90 days if i dont like the job.? and ask them to sedn me back to UK.

very complicated Saudi Law...

the visa/entry process for a work visa is this;
- you get a visa outside of Saudi that allows you to enter for the reason of work. it is only valid once
- once you're inside saudi, you get your iqama (work permit & residency permit). if you leave before you get your iqama, you're back to square one
- once you're inside saudi, to leave, you have to have an exit visa before you're allowed to leave. these visa's are either one-use or multi. they have to be obtained by your employer on your behalf.

i can't answer the question about resigning etc as i'm not up to speed with saudi labor law, but i would suggest that if you're doubtful of the job before you get here, think very bloody hard before you get on that plane because once you're inside saudi, you're pretty much at your employers discretion to both get your iqama and your exit/entry visa.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

mcmonkiez is an unknown quantity at this point

My god..

thats loosk like I am going to MARS and cannot come back until NASA reach there or soemthing./. lol

Oh you Magic.K what you up to ?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much as S/U says, I usually get my company to provide me ( and the family ) with a Multi Exit/ Entry visa, so as it suggests, allows you to come back into the country if you are going away for a short while ( holiday ) .

Re the resigning thing, the 90 day is - I think - the statutory probation period, but before you come out,make sure that the terms are clear. Within the first 90 days, if you don't like it - or they don't like you, you are free to return back to the UK - and clarify whether its at their expense or yours.