Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Compound Negotiations

Saudi Compound Negotiations

Old Jun 3rd 2016, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Compound Negotiations

Has anyone successfully negotiated with a compound recently in Riyadh? I'm coming up to lease renewal time and with all the new compounds coming on line in the last couple of years feel that I could get a better package out of my current place (i.e. cleaner thrown in, services / food included, etc).

Less bothered about rental amount as this is covered by the company.

Feel free to PM me. Thanks!!
Old Jun 5th 2016, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Compound Negotiations

I've not tried it yet, my lease is up for renewal mid September, but the mid range to lower price range is think deffo open to negotiations. By all accounts, many expats are leaving in droves, with compound occupancy decreasing. In order to keep them occupied, there may well be scope to bargain a little.

I think the higher end will always be sought after, so will generally always be full with a wait list, so probably harder to negotiate with?
Old Nov 5th 2016, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

denizci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Compound Negotiations

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience in negotiating down compound prices. We are currently looking at some of the compounds. Al Nakhla is one of those. They quoted a price of 350K for a three bed villa but they seemed to be willing to negotiate when I said my budget is around 275K. I am also looking at Cordoba, Al Hamra, Arizona coumpounds.