Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:22 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

I once worked with a chap who's wife dislocated his shoulder whilst giving birth...

Anyhow, it'll be the most intense experience of your life... but the big thing is that possibly for the first time ever, you will feel completely powerless to help.

All the best! May it be swift and easy!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

mdb2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bet that hurt.. but not as painful as child birth, as I can only assume being a spectator for my SIX kids!!!!

You do feel like a spare wheel when your wife is having twins with complications and there are 18 members of staff crowded around the missus!!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:00 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdb2009
Bet that hurt.. but not as painful as child birth, as I can only assume being a spectator for my SIX kids!!!!

You do feel like a spare wheel when your wife is having twins with complications and there are 18 members of staff crowded around the missus!!
Crikey! Hats off to the both of you!

I actually feel sorry for the blokes, cos we, at least are pumped full of happy-hormones (and sometimes drugs!) and really do forget about the actual sensations. Heck, if nature hadn't chosen to blank out the memory of pain, we'd have stopped havcing kids a long, long time ago!

I should know... I can safely say that with a week to go, I'm actually looking forward to the prospect!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:44 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

... i was with my wife in Dhahran (so the answer is "yes" you can be present);and in Perth, WA and Muscat, Oman. personally a life time experience.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Crikey! Hats off to the both of you!

I actually feel sorry for the blokes, cos we, at least are pumped full of happy-hormones (and sometimes drugs!) and really do forget about the actual sensations. Heck, if nature hadn't chosen to blank out the memory of pain, we'd have stopped havcing kids a long, long time ago!

I should know... I can safely say that with a week to go, I'm actually looking forward to the prospect!
So there is indeed a legitimate way of getting drugs in Saudi? Although I think I'd rather do without if it means having a baby
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by diablo
... i was with my wife in Dhahran (so the answer is "yes" you can be present);and in Perth, WA and Muscat, Oman. personally a life time experience.
That's why I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity. Besides which, I wouldn't hear the last of it if I wasn't there...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:06 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by monkieie
That's why I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity. Besides which, I wouldn't hear the last of it if I wasn't there...
hehe - Mr Kitty is on the plane home tonight. We decided to go back to the UK to give birth, you see. Just got to hold on for 14 more hours!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hehe - Mr Kitty is on the plane home tonight. We decided to go back to the UK to give birth, you see. Just got to hold on for 14 more hours!
Then the best of luck dear - hope it all works out alright. BTW - are you implying that both of you are giving birth? That would be interesting
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:09 am
ex-expat

Then the best of luck dear - hope it all works out alright. BTW - are you implying that both of you are giving birth? That would be interesting
hehe, well, he remembers more of what happened last time than I do!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:55 am
Just Joined

mdb2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

SNNNNNIIIFFFFFFFF...... AAAHHHHHHH........ ENTENOX!!!!

Good luck to you and your Hubby,.. I'm sure everything will be grand!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Lionheart was present throughout the birth of Jasmine in the GNP Hospital, Jeddah...
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shadya
Lionheart was present throughout the birth of Jasmine in the GNP Hospital, Jeddah...
without flaking out?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

without flaking out?
Why should he? This is the man who walked past a pride of wild lions in Tsavo National Park when his car got stuck in the undergrowth...
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shadya
Why should he? This is the man who walked past a pride of wild lions in Tsavo National Park when his car got stuck in the undergrowth...
That sounds wee bit strange - what was he doing in the undergrowth? Or was he too busy watching the lions to see where her was going?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

That sounds wee bit strange - what was he doing in the undergrowth? Or was he too busy watching the lions to see where her was going?
Was trying to get close to a herd of impala when the wheels got stuck...he didn't notice the lions until he was 100 metres from the car seeking help from the rangers nearby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.