Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Hi, silly question,

my wife and I will be in Riyadh at the time when the delivery is due (mid-December) and we both wanted originally that I be present at the birth. Now though, because I have accepted an offer to go to Saudi (with her indoors), I'm a tad skeptical about whether or not the Saudis allow this.

Anybody here have any experience in this respect?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Hi, Have checked with someone who has had a baby here and apparently yes you can be present at the private hospitals. Someone I know vaguely has recently had a baby and quite a few people where present or in the gallery watching - very strange if you ask me . . . .

N
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nic1
quite a few people where present or in the gallery watching - very strange if you ask me . . . .

N
Thanks for the speedy response Nic1. Weird that though...was it like some kind of medical seminar being held? *lol* I've seen a couple of vids on YouTube about female gynecologists working in Saudi but they were all wearing a Burkha - obviously due to the filming work.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:00 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkieie
Hi, silly question,

my wife and I will be in Riyadh at the time when the delivery is due (mid-December) and we both wanted originally that I be present at the birth. Now though, because I have accepted an offer to go to Saudi (with her indoors), I'm a tad skeptical about whether or not the Saudis allow this.

Anybody here have any experience in this respect?
It's Saudi; hubby can't even be present at conception!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:03 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
It's Saudi; hubby can't even be present at conception!
I bet monkieieiei is really pissed off he now has to be present at the birth...it would have been such an easy way out for him...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first in the government hospital in Doha (no private hospitals back then) and only the midwife and nurse were allowed in the room - dh was well pleased. In Sharjah he was allowed in, he did the crossword, held my hand for the last 30 seconds and then went out for some fresh air - useless really !

N
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first in the government hospital in Doha (no private hospitals back then) and only the midwife and nurse were allowed in the room - dh was well pleased. In Sharjah he was allowed in, he did the crossword, held my hand for the last 30 seconds and then went out for some fresh air - useless really !

N
I made sure mine wasn't present...no time to deal with "man queasyness"....
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I do the blood injuries with the kids and he does the vomit - works quite well really

N
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
I bet monkieieiei is really pissed off he now has to be present at the birth...it would have been such an easy way out for him...
not me dear - I'm the perfect husband

At least in Saudi I want to be with the missus - don't want the mother-in-law getting her paws on my offspring before I do...

@ Alexa - I won't be queasy - I'm reeet hard like and baint likely t'kip urver 'cause of a bit of blood, like
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've heard that it is stricltly illegal, and by law all husbands have to be in an airconditioned room somewhere, watching the football, and chain smoking.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

N
My husband fell asleep in the delivery room and nurses kept coming in and out and asking him if he was ok!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seven seas
Well I've heard that it is stricltly illegal, and by law all husbands have to be in an airconditioned room somewhere, watching the football, and chain smoking.
Isn't it like, an obligation, to smoke a big fat cigar after the event?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:24 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it like, an obligation, to smoke a big fat cigar after the event?
Mr Kitty says he's still traumatised from the first time around...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Mr Kitty says he's still traumatised from the first time around...
Well fortunately enough I'm still not sure what to expect so I'm still very positive about the whole thing.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

not me dear - I'm the perfect husband

At least in Saudi I want to be with the missus - don't want the mother-in-law getting her paws on my offspring before I do...

@ Alexa - I won't be queasy - I'm reeet hard like and baint likely t'kip urver 'cause of a bit of blood, like
It ain't the blood my friend, it ain't the blood.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.