Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi - can the hubby be present at childbirth?

Originally Posted by Alexa
It ain't the blood my friend, it ain't the blood.....
but rather...?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkieie
but rather...?
The screams, the scratches, the curses...you getting my drift?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

The screams, the scratches, the curses...you getting my drift?
oh yes indeed...sounds rather like the conception itself
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes indeed...sounds rather like the conception itself
Ah good...you'll be fine then!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice

Hi, silly question,

my wife and I will be in Riyadh at the time when the delivery is due (mid-December) and we both wanted originally that I be present at the birth. Now though, because I have accepted an offer to go to Saudi (with her indoors), I'm a tad skeptical about whether or not the Saudis allow this.

Anybody here have any experience in this respect?
yes you could be present if you want, I gave birth in Jeddah, and if my husband wanted he could've been present. thankfully we both didn't want to
but my sister inlaw was present. so don't worry you will get to participate.
I hope you get a healthy baby & congrats.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

Hi, silly question,

my wife and I will be in Riyadh at the time when the delivery is due (mid-December) and we both wanted originally that I be present at the birth. Now though, because I have accepted an offer to go to Saudi (with her indoors), I'm a tad skeptical about whether or not the Saudis allow this.

Anybody here have any experience in this respect?
I think it depends on the hospital. The Al Mouwasat in Jubail (private hosp) didn't allow men in the room for delivery.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

the husband should be in a bar somewhere waiting to light up a cigar. so it this case he'll have to go to Bahrain or Dubai and await the good news.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all...I'm looking forward to this, after all the practising that we did to get this far

I'm cuffed that my wife is going to have something to keep her busy too and keep the boredom away in Riyadh
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all...I'm looking forward to this, after all the practising that we did to get this far

I'm cuffed that my wife is going to have something to keep her busy too and keep the boredom away in Riyadh

Lol....she'll have a maid......
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Yes bless us little women we need something to keep us occupied!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:47 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Knitting works I hear...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Well, a few babies and barefoot in the kitchen should do it just fine.....
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Lol....she'll have a maid......
oh....and there is lots to keep her busy...trust me...I lived there 4 years....was busier than ever before in my life....AND had no baby AND had a maid.....

Life is fun in Saudi.....
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

oh....and there is lots to keep her busy...trust me...I lived there 4 years....was busier than ever before in my life....AND had no baby AND had a maid.....

cool - I'll let her know that then. She has been a tad concerned about the whole thing
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice

Give me some pointers, if it wasn't for the kids I would've gone crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.