Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Business visa

Saudi Business visa

Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Holmes1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Business visa

I have search the forum and not found anything so apologies if my question has been asked before.

I am looking to apply for a Saudi Business visa, I previously held a multi entry 6 months visa issued in the UK. I am now based in Qatar and have the same documents (renewed) that I used for my previous visa. In the UK I used an agency to get the visa.

any advise on how I can get the same Saudi visa now I am based in Qatar. some information I have read implies the visa has to be issued in your home country, i.e. the UK.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice
Default Re: Saudi Business visa

Originally Posted by Holmes1976
I have search the forum and not found anything so apologies if my question has been asked before.

I am looking to apply for a Saudi Business visa, I previously held a multi entry 6 months visa issued in the UK. I am now based in Qatar and have the same documents (renewed) that I used for my previous visa. In the UK I used an agency to get the visa.

any advise on how I can get the same Saudi visa now I am based in Qatar. some information I have read implies the visa has to be issued in your home country, i.e. the UK.
I used to send (from Thailand) my application and my passport back to the UK. The business visa is for 3 months but if you exit/re-enter before it expires you get another 30 days. Good for 4 x 4 week trips.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:53 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

You can generally apply for visas in the country you are resident in. Expect it'd be the same in Qatar for Saudi.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely for a business visa you need a company or individual inside KSA to initiate the process ? You cannot just apply becaue you fancy a trip !
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Surely for a business visa you need a company or individual inside KSA to initiate the process ? You cannot just apply becaue you fancy a trip !
perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my questions:
1. can the Saudi embassy in Qatar process business visas for non nationals?
2. are there agents such as I used in the UK to complete the process for me? saving me the hours waiting at the embassy and missing documents they require, and any Arabic translations, then having to repeat the process.
3. is it simpler to send the documents to the UK for the agent to process as before?

I have a company completing the invitation, I have the letter to the embassy saying the company in the UK will be financially liable for me plus the other re-dated documents required if the agent in the UK was processing it for me. not to sure anybody goes just because you fancy a trip!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my questions:
1. can the Saudi embassy in Qatar process business visas for non nationals?
2. are there agents such as I used in the UK to complete the process for me? saving me the hours waiting at the embassy and missing documents they require, and any Arabic translations, then having to repeat the process.
3. is it simpler to send the documents to the UK for the agent to process as before?

I have a company completing the invitation, I have the letter to the embassy saying the company in the UK will be financially liable for me plus the other re-dated documents required if the agent in the UK was processing it for me. not to sure anybody goes just because you fancy a trip!
I was told that only the Saudi Embassy in your home country ie.UK could issue a business visa and as such all documents were sent to the agency in the UK.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:17 am
Banned

Devonte is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post indeed.I am searching this information from long time.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Quackers
I was told that only the Saudi Embassy in your home country ie.UK could issue a business visa and as such all documents were sent to the agency in the UK.
If you are a GCC resident then the visa can be issued by the KSA consulate/embassy of your country of residence. I have heard that they will not issue a visa to non-residents and your application must go through the embassy in your home country but this being KSA if you have wasta I'm sure anything is possible.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

You must be invited by an entity in the K.S.A

You must be resident in Qatar

You must have an N.O.C from your sponsor to enter the K.S.A

You must use a designated agent in Qatar

You must be prepared to wait an eternity as it's a ball ache
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The point about the invitation from within KSA was what i was trying to point out. You cannot just decide to go and do business. You must be IONVITED in by a Saudi company, ministry or individual.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by co durham boy
You must be invited by an entity in the K.S.A

You must be resident in Qatar

You must have an N.O.C from your sponsor to enter the K.S.A

You must use a designated agent in Qatar

You must be prepared to wait an eternity as it's a ball ache
have you completed the process this way in Qatar? which agency did you use if so, I have contacted one which was given on another forum but they are only for the Haji.