Saudi Aramco

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:29 am
Just Joined

ThankYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Saudi Aramco

First off I would just like to thank the creators of such a forum board as it may turn out to be a great help in setting me straight. I would also like to apologize if this topic has been brought up before.

Please, take the time to answer some of my questions and thankyou for your help!

I am wondering if anyone here has been recruited by Saudi Aramco; specifically in the field of electrical engineering?
If so, what are your experiences and thoughts on the topic of living in the 'fabricated communities', and moving from home?
Were you able to bring your entire family?
How did your family react?
Was your significant other fond of the process, and how did they make out on the subject of occupations in the community?
How would you rate the education your children received, and what alternatives to petroleum occupations did the education offer?
More importantly, were your children given the opportunity to take off on the Aramco occupation path?
I understand Aramco recruits professionals strictly, but has anyone here caught a lucky break? (I know this question seems dastardly, but please.)
How do you feel about your monthly/yearly salary?
How does the cost of living relate to your place of origin?
Have you experienced many a hardship/quarrel onside-- how are you treated?

Once again, I thankyou for your replies; they mean the world to me.
My situation is such:

I am currently a student(albeit interested in the petroleum and oil industries) and I was recently blown off my feet when my father had announced his intention to send a resume to Saudi Aramco. He currently works for Nabors and a friend of his referred to him about the glory of Saudi Aramco. I find it unsettling how rich Saudi Aramco is; creating homes away from homes, paying great salaries and hiring the best.
My father has roughly 2 years experience working as an electrical engineer onsite oil derricks, he has had pay raises several times, and his co-workers testify that he is a very skilled hard worker. Too bad those words only gather dust on a resume...Anyway, my main question is: what chance does he have? I'm doubtful that this plan will chug along, yet I'm entirely hopeful.

The fact is, even if that doesn't work out, I am entirely enthusiastic and ready to commit to this field. (If that doesn't work out, I'll fall back on writing...ha). I realise the axis of our earth is well-oiled, god forbid we run out of the stuff, then we will have to find another way to destroy, yet run our planet.

I have spent awhile with the Aramco website; but as you can imagine, web browsers aren't as effective as flesh and blood testimonies.

I thankyou all again for your help, and I am sorry if this is a nuisance topic.
-ThankYou
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Aramco

all I know is that my neighbour in the UK has been with Aramco for 25 years!!! and he loves it. My husband however refused to move to Saudi even if it was Aramco with their lovely little 'world'. I can't offer any more advice than that
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:04 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ThankYou
I am wondering if anyone here has been recruited by Saudi Aramco; specifically in the field of electrical engineering?

-ThankYou
Check out the Aramco expats forum at:
http://www.aramcoexpats.com/
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

ThankYou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link, will check it out!

@Blue Cat, 25 years...incredible! Does he maintain his home in the uk along with a residence in Aramco? Thanks for all your info!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ThankYou
Thanks for the link, will check it out!

@Blue Cat, 25 years...incredible! Does he maintain his home in the uk along with a residence in Aramco? Thanks for all your info!
yes he does, a very nice home at that so I am guessing he is well paid. His wife chose to stay in the UK. He got a multi entry visa and they meet up for holidays in either Bahrain or Dubai. It works well for them. Each to their own I suppose. Good luck, I have always fancied Aramco but the DH wont!