Reload this Page >

Saudi Arabia- Is it worth it?

Saudi Arabia- Is it worth it?

Old May 22nd 2012, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Sun101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Arabia- Is it worth it?

Hi

I have a friend who has been offered a position teaching English to businessmen in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Its 5 days per week (Saturday to Thursday) and he must teach around 28 hour per week and its a 12 month contract.

His job offer includes a salary of $39,500, a two bedroom modern western style 'luxury' apartment, transportation between the apartment and place of work, one meal per day, one return flight home, 30 days holiday plus public holidays and full health insurance.

Its quite a good package IMO, but the problem is life in Saudi.
He is a single guy in his late 20s. Is Saudi really the best for him?
Also how does the tax free salary work- would he have to pay UK income tax when he moved the money to the UK?

(P.S- he asked me post this here)
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Arabia- Is it worth it?

hi sun- can he not type?

for some peopel no ammount fo mony is enough- depends how much he is prepared to sell his soul for.
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
hi sun- can he not type?

for some peopel no ammount fo mony is enough- depends how much he is prepared to sell his soul for.
are you driving KC ?? and i don't mean off the 9th tee ?!
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol- **** me- I have a new keyboard is that an excuse? apologies for the heightened number of typos- my fingers just have a mind of their own it would seem.

sorry to all the english OCDs on here
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

lol- **** me- I have a new keyboard is that an excuse? apologies for the heightened number of typos- my fingers just have a mind of their own it would seem.

sorry to all the english OCDs on here
V funny after saying 'can he not type'

You divvy
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Sun101 is an unknown quantity at this point

He is currently without computer and internet access in deepest Latin America. We spoke via phone yesterday (He gets free calls :P).
He had the interview in London 8 weeks ago, don't know why they have taken that long to offer him the job.
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

saudi- i prefer the phrase 'special' to divvy ta
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

saudi- i prefer the phrase 'special' to divvy ta
It was said affectionately
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it still hurts saudi- I've told my brother so many times it's special not div- but no its stil div div div- goes off to rock in the corner

- joking- divvy is fine :-)
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sorry sun- my crap spellinga ppears to ahve taken over your thread!
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:03 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sun101 View Post
He is a single guy in his late 20s. Is Saudi really the best for him?
Absolutely. No better place for single guys in late 20s than Saudi.
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Saudi is what you make of it, plenty of detractors but life can also be very good.

If your friend gets up tight easily then he should not consider KSA as he would hate it. Had a friend who came to Riyadh on what looks to be a similar package teaching english at one of the university's and he had what can only be called a hedonists dream as he was out with a different girl every week and loved the place!
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:32 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Sure he was out with different girl every week in Riyadh.

Your friend has a wild imagination and seems to confuse it for reality.
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner View Post
Sure he was out with different girl every week in Riyadh.

Your friend has a wild imagination and seems to confuse it for reality.
Well as I met the majority of them it was no imagination! Not all were what you would call good looking but when you are a man whore it does not matter!

So many people come here and bitch about nothing to do, mainly because they sit on their arses complaining. Got an Australian friend here who has said that he had never really understood where the term whinging pom came from, until he met so many in Riyadh!
Old May 23rd 2012, 4:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MaserMan View Post
Well as I met the majority of them it was no imagination! Not all were what you would call good looking but when you are a man whore it does not matter!
Care to explain the logistics of this Riyadh fornicating spree?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.