Saudi Arabia visa

Old Feb 17th 2017, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Clive123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Arabia visa

Hi, I've been offered a position in Saudi, I have a criminal record from 18yrs ago that involves a short custodial sentence,(fraud) Will this makes it difficult to get a visa?
Old Feb 18th 2017, 10:25 am
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Saudi Arabia visa

Originally Posted by Clive123
Hi, I've been offered a position in Saudi, I have a criminal record from 18yrs ago that involves a short custodial sentence,(fraud) Will this makes it difficult to get a visa?
My experience shown on this subject in forum dated 21st November 2016. "Saudi Arabia Residence visa". I have worked in the Gulf for over 30 years. Including Saudi. Unfortunately the visa process now requires a police certificate to be submitted. This never used to be the case. I had a minor sentence from 38 years ago. Don't have to declare in the U.K.for most jobs but the Police Certificate came back as No Living Trace which means "something is on record". Spent or filtered basically. The embassy know that and will want to know details. If your certificate comes back No Trace, then you are ok. No Living Trace normally means No visa unfortunately. Check out the ACRO website and determine what the PNC has on record. You can apply for a Special Access Request and they will tell you. You pay for the privilege. Basically this requirement has stiched up a lot of expats. Even an old minor conviction will need to be disclosed which seems very unfair to me.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Clive123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply, how does the special access work?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 1:06 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

If you go on the ACRO website you can download the form for SAR which will allow you to apply for details that they have on file (Police National Computer) about you. At least you will know if your past conviction is recorded. I have heard that some people have been lucky in that respect and have a clear report for old convictions due to reasons unknown. However in most cases you can expect it to be there unfortunately.