saudi Arabia Visa

Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

sydneykhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default saudi Arabia Visa

Could anybody please inform me about the following:

1. I will move to KSA in Feb 2011 and my family (wife and 3 kids) will join me
in April 2011. Shall we apply together for work and residence visas?
What is the duration of the entry visa?
2. The medical report form is very confusing - it says "past medical history" and it also asks about X-ray, HIV etc. I have not done these tests before and my GP is confused about what to write in these columns. If he writes N/A then what will be the outcome.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: saudi Arabia Visa

sydneykhan,

I don't think you will be able to apply for you wife and children's residency Visa's until you have your own Iqama (I have just been through this process). This means you will need to get a work VISA, come to Saudi, get your Iqama, then apply for the family's Visa's. Once they are here they can then get their Iqama's.

Jason
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

yrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really nice

Hey Sydney, I can't help on the visa issue, but I'm pretty sure the pattern ShawJ described is what I've seen from my colleagues with families as well. You need to come here first.

My work visa duration is 90 days. We have that much time to get our iqamas. I don't know if all work visas are 90 days.

As far as the medical stuff, I can only tell you what I had to do and what my instructions were. We were told to do absolutely everything the paperwork asked for. That means you need to give a few vials of blood for all the tests (HIV, etc) and you'll need to give a urine and stool sample. You need to get an X-Ray, even if your doctor/physician says you don't need it. Furthermore, you need copies of all test results (my company told me to send three copies of everything). And finally, doctors can't write their own notes or marks on any of the forms. If they need to make any additional comment about a test result or something, they need to write a letter to include with the rest. Unless you are explicitly instructed to do so, don't write "N/A" in any of the fields!

I went to a cheap local clinic. I explained to the doctor that I needed ALL the listed tests for a visa to work in another country, even if she didn't think I needed them. After that they just streamlined it and I had everything done, returned and mailed within a week.

The one test I was unable to do that they asked for was a "malaria film." I called three clinics and no one could tell me what this is, and I called my health insurance customer service and they couldn't help me either. So I submitted all my stuff without the malaria film, but I never had any issue over it.

Again, this was only my experience, your requirements might be different (I'm sure someone else would know). Hopefully the company hiring you can give you more specific instructions.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

It is upto your sponser / employer here to do all the running around just because the last poster was lucky and he just happened to walk into the right clinic.

I did post earlier today a list of agencies in London that can arrange every thing for you.
Which includes the Medical and visa etc etc
Please note you will have the same type of medical when you arrive here in the costa del sand pit.

But they need your sponser / employers blank visa block number

Yes as already said YOU must come out here and then once you get your iquama that can take any thing from 3 weeks right the way up to 6 months !!!
Then and only then can You with the help of your Company Mr Fixit apply for your family visa'a
Please try and get accomadation sorted out before you come over here.
Most of the compounds are full and with you bringing children over you really do need a compound.

DO NOT ACCEPT Accommadation out with the employers saying ishallah you will get compound accomadation later.
Because it is not going to work.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

And on the school side, depending on where in KSA you will be, you should apply for places ASAP. Jeddah is a real problem if you are looking for a British International school.

Jason