Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is Saudi-Arabia a tax free country?

Is Saudi-Arabia a tax free country?

Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is Saudi-Arabia a tax free country?

Originally Posted by bishy118
Yes im for Riyadh at the start of November and must admit im a bit apprehensive however I will go there and see for myself how life really is. My wife is going to join me in the New year so heres hoping it quite a good experience. I have no idea yet where im staying and if I get Sky sports i,ll be half way there to contentment lol
...but presumably something has been organised on your behalf? If not, you need to be pushing hard to get a place on a good compound straight away. Plenty of threads on Riyadh compounds on here - use the search function.

Even if something is organised for you - find out where, then search on here to see if there is any info on the place.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:14 am
Just Joined

bishy118 is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe I will be accomodated in a shared apartment with a colleague, as to where i havent found out yet, I just received a contract yesterday. The company is a large construction company so everything should be ok ...i hope lol
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I will be accomodated in a shared apartment with a colleague, as to where i havent found out yet, I just received a contract yesterday. The company is a large construction company so everything should be ok ...i hope lol
sadly, it doesn't work like that here.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Saudi/Middle Eastern contractor or Western contractor? There will be a big difference!

Presumably sharing is temporary if your wife is coming out later?

Life can be OK in KSA, but you need to set yourself up right. Unfortunately, not much will generally be done on your behalf - you have to make the moves to get what you want.

Find out about where they are putting you up, and if it doesn't sound good then find somewhere that is acceptable to you and put it to them this is where you want to be.

Obviously, it has to be within reason, but remember, if you are not happy out here, your work will suffer and ultimately you may decide to leave and this is not in the interests of your employer - even if quite often they cannot see this!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

bishy118 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah its a Saudi contractor and i have already indicated that my wife will be out in New Year.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice

Yeah its a Saudi contractor and i have already indicated that my wife will be out in New Year.
Bishy I sent you a PM. Please check it.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:39 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

prwatts - my thoughts exactly...
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

lolo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is no tax but it is very expenseve contery
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

M.ZIZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Is Saudi-Arabia a tax free country?

i'm here befor long time i did'n pay for any tax this is the cheapest country we can live i don't know about other country but really it, cheapest more then my country in every thing in food in clothes in drink and the must important fuel the drink water more expensive then fuel
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolo0000
it is no tax but it is very expenseve contery
Could you please expand on what items you think are expensive here in Riyadh.
I find it cheap to live here.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

arc en ciel is an unknown quantity at this point

even the whores are cheap
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

M.ZIZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Is Saudi-Arabia a tax free country?

for sure there is no whores in there

even if there is they will be costly then what you know

Last edited by M.ZIZO; Oct 11th 2010 at 11:57 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:43 am
Just Joined

lolo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Could you please expand on what items you think are expensive here in Riyadh.
I find it cheap to live here.
the reant of the home ، the cars and the reant in the compound
and alot of things