Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Arabia to lift ban on women drivers

Saudi Arabia to lift ban on women drivers

Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Arabia to lift ban on women drivers

Originally Posted by The Dean
"Bag of gravel?"
"Errrm,alright, I'll take couple of them big ones, a flat one, a few of them small ones and a bag of gravel."

The stoning is one of my fave scenes and much later in the film ,one of the best quotes EVER....

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

is there anywhere to go? I mean, anywhere that an expat woman would want to go alone, outside the compounds?

Serious question (I've never been there!)
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
is there anywhere to go? I mean, anywhere that an expat woman would want to go alone, outside the compounds?

shopping, for one, i'd have thought...visit friends, go to work...the usual frivolous things us women get up to...

MM, xx
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20

looks like JVR is on the hunt for a single woman to make a future visit to the KSA a bit more enjoyable!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where would women go ? Well, I would drive myself to and from work, pop to the supermarket for the odd pint of milk, drive myself to Starbucks for a cappucino and New York Cheesecake, take my son to rugby training, pick my daughter up from her friends house, pop to the ATM, drive myself to the spa, drive myself to friends houses - all the usual stuff that we all (men as well as women) do in their everyday lives round the world.

Having to wear an abbaya is no big issue - not being able to drive is a huge enormous biggie - it is by far the most restricting thing they can do to women out here.

Bring it on I say - I will be one of the first out there in my car . . . . .