Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Arabia iqama question

Saudi Arabia iqama question

Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Topper Headon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Arabia iqama question

If I do not have any qualifications outside of A Levels will I be able to get a work permit/iqama? Is a degree essential? I work in IT have some 20 years experience and the issue has just come up in the interview when the company hwo were interviewing raised the issue and then discarded it, just got me a bit concerned.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Arabia iqama question

Originally Posted by Topper Headon
If I do not have any qualifications outside of A Levels will I be able to get a work permit/iqama? Is a degree essential? I work in IT have some 20 years experience and the issue has just come up in the interview when the company hwo were interviewing raised the issue and then discarded it, just got me a bit concerned.
No problem as far as I'm aware.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Topper Headon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
No problem as far as I'm aware.
Thank you kindly, and nice smile by the way
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:31 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Topper Headon
qualifications seem to matter most when applying for your visa. basically they want to match quals to the job role. for instance, my job states that i'm a developer (IT) because i've got an industry cert as a developer even though (as i understand) my role will be a bit different to a developer

if you're in the UK, have a chat to Jane @ Harvey Medical Services (see the wiki for contact details) and she'll be able to better explain it than i.

btw, here's an interesting article... http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sect...13&m=11&y=2008