Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Arabia Expats - Health Issues

Saudi Arabia Expats - Health Issues

Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Mohameda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Arabia Expats - Health Issues

I am interviewing for a job in Riyadh with a big multinational company. We have special health conditions that I would like some advice on.

My wife was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, but she is not taking any medications at the time. I need to know few things:

1. Are there health examinations required for expat’s family to get the visa and Iqama? If so, is Multiple Sclerosis one of the conditions that can have her denied residence visa?

2. How about employer’s health insurance packages (generally)? Do they cover pre-existing conditions, especially medications? MS medication, if needed, is very costly, do insurance normally cover all or most of the drug costs, and do they have annual limits for prescription drugs?

3. How about health care standards in Riyadh? I know they will be comparable to west. What are the best hospitals? and does any one know of specialized clinics in MS there?

Appreciate help with these questions. Thanks in advance..