Saudi Airline

Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:23 am
Just Joined

curlyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Airline

Just wondering if anybody who uses Saudi Airlines has managed to use their accumulated points to either up-grade or purchase a free ticket, if so how does one go about doing this? searched the net, tried e-mailing and have got no where, any help would be much appreciated::. Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:10 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Airline

Originally Posted by curlyp
Just wondering if anybody who uses Saudi Airlines has managed to use their accumulated points to either up-grade or purchase a free ticket, if so how does one go about doing this? searched the net, tried e-mailing and have got no where, any help would be much appreciated::. Thanks
Yes, I've used miles to upgrade. Well, I say I have - it should be being processed today or tomorrow, when the Saudia computer system comes back online after the floods in Jeddah knocked it out.

The procedure for upgrading is very convoluted, and you'll need a travel agent. I think the same is true of a new booking, but I've not tried it.

Tell me exactly what you're trying to do and I'll tell you how to go about it.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply and offer of help Typical.

Ideally i would like to up-grade to business with the points from Damman to France, tried todo it for last years vacation but just couldn't get anywhere, so any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Old Nov 28th 2009, 8:00 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curlyp
Ideally i would like to up-grade to business with the points from Damman to France, tried todo it for last years vacation but just couldn't get anywhere, so any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Ok, here is what you need to do. Pay attention to the fare classes - they are very important. Note that this means you cannot upgrade from the cheapest economy tickets.

1) Book and pay for the ticket Dammam to France. You need to make sure all the sectors are in the same class*, and that class must be Y, B or M. You will need a travel agent to help with this. (If you want a straight mileage ticket, instead of an upgrade, ignore this step.)

2) At the same time, reserve a business class ticket on the same route in D class (probably from the same travel agent). The reservation doesn't HAVE to be the exact same flights, but it helps a lot if it is. Don't buy this ticket! Just keep it as a reservation.

You now have one ticket number (for Economy) and one more PNR (for business class). Check carefully how long the D-class reservation is valid for - you will need to bully Al Fursan to process the upgrade if it is in danger of expiring.

3) Fax Al Fursan the following:
- A request to process an upgrade from economy class to business class using mileage
- The ticket number and PNR for the economy class booking
- The PNR for the business class booking
- Your Al Fursan number
- The name of the ticket office you will pick up the ticket from - in your case Dammam

4) Allow 2 days for the fax to be received by the upgrades department. It is worth talking to Al Fursan's call centre in advance of this to let them know what you're trying to do.

5) You should get an email or SMS to say the upgrade has been processed after 3-5 days. I think in Dammam you'll have to go into the ticket office to pick up the new ticket, with your passport and any extra money to be paid (e.g. for tax).

All this needs done before your business class reservation expires. You need very careful planning to make this work.

* this is not actually needed but you'll run into huge problems if you don't follow this advice.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:53 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

So did this help?

My ticket is now issued, btw... business class from London to Jeddah with a 45 quid charge for the extra tax.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Hi

What you advised is exactly the way i did it but with no result, will have to give it another go for the next vacation.

Pleased to hear you are all sorted, but the tax from UK to Jeddah is a bit steep don't you think?

Regards & thanks for your help.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:05 am
Not an evil hypnotist

At what step did it break down?

Unfortunately the tax is from the UK - 90 quid for business class travel vs. 45 quid for economy.

Yes, it's a lot
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:50 am
Just Joined

HI
Once the form was completed and the return sector only was requested for an upgrade the form was sent via e-mail and that is where it failed as I didn't even get an acknowledgement.
I followed uf 3 times with e-mails but nothing:
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:25 am
Not an evil hypnotist

Odd they didn't respond to your mails. But I spent a long time on the phone with the call centre to get it to work...