Satwa??

Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satwa??

Originally Posted by oktoberon
Ahh too much vino collapso, Never saw the pun (Kingdom). By the way Growlers back in a couple days will pass on your greetings. I still think you should sign up for the bbbgs. (4 days of frivolous drinking and debauchery) as we used to say 'ship it in shag - I've got the lot
I DO attend the BBBGS, shag - Growler will confirm. Were you there this year? There were loads of faces I'd never seen or met before.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
I DO attend the BBBGS, shag - Growler will confirm. Were you there this year? There were loads of faces I'd never seen or met before.
Me
I was at RAK, AR The Creek. You must have seen me (sorry the girlfriend boobs hanging out out everywhere). I'll send the pic pm OK
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:39 am
W10

Satwa is the best place in Dubai - by miles and miles.

Character by the bucketload, real people, real shops, real restaurants, walking distance to SZR and the beach.

Anyone who prefers the soulless plastic of the Greens/Marina/Jumeirah/Springs/Barsha blah blah blah needs their head examined.

Last edited by W10; Aug 22nd 2007 at 5:49 am.

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

right I am with W10 here!!! 15 years ago I moved into a building on Al Diyafah Street, my parents are still there. I then had a villa behind Ravi's and then another one behind the Rydges Plaza. We moved out of Satwa up to Al Barsha due to the crippling rent situation. You have no idea how luck you are to be living in 'real' Dubai. I think I know which building you are in, there is a brand new right next door to the Civil Defence I saw it the other day. We would give anything to go back to Satwa.

On the same subject my travels took me down to Al Fahidi Street, had lunch at Pancho Villas - nothing has changed in there it is still a dump!! brought back some great memories of Pancho and his vodka jellies!! those were the days, were you around then W10??? Took a walk up Al Fahidi street and popped into all the little shops sellings their lovely sweets, the electronic shops down there are amazing!! I will tell you something for nothing, I loved every minute of it!!!! there was a buzzing atmosphere and everyone was so helpful and friendly. I will be going back down that way the next time I got a bit of cash to burn without a doubt!!

over and out BC
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:13 am
W10

Fancy a Shish Taouk at Mallah :-)

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Fancy a Shish Taouk at Mallah :-)
yeah!! will ring you next time I am down that way at night! Got another one of those waste of time committee meetings this evening at DCC
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Vitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really nice

Thanks all - feel better now that I've read your comments!

Out on interest - how much does a studio w/ 800 sq ft go for in this area?

BC - Are you from Newcastle? I only ask because of your 'Geordie Armani' tag I'm from Sunderland
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vitriol01

BC - Are you from Newcastle? I only ask because of your 'Geordie Armani' tag I'm from Sunderland
sorry had to just get in on this... our MD is from sunderland...

yesterday we were telling the french girl if she wants to get on his good side to ask him about football he's a fanatic... but to show she knows a little bit to ask him how the Magpies were doing...

this morning first thing she comes in an actually asked him... our whole department was wetting ourselves
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:41 am
Concierge

I am actually from South Shields!!! small world isn't it. I worked in Sunderland General for years and all my mate are still there! Lived in Cleadon Village and went to Whitburn Comp.

Northern Lad is a maccam but he aint been on here for a while.

Not sure how much the rent would be for a studio but I was looking for a two bed in Satwa last week and was quoted 140,000 Dhs!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Cham128
sorry had to just get in on this... our MD is from sunderland...

yesterday we were telling the french girl if she wants to get on his good side to ask him about football he's a fanatic... but to show she knows a little bit to ask him how the Magpies were doing...

this morning first thing she comes in an actually asked him... our whole department was wetting ourselves
your kidding!!! you don't mentione the maccams to the geordies!!! jesus she is lucky to still have a job!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am actually from South Shields!!! small world isn't it. I worked in Sunderland General for years and all my mate are still there! Lived in Cleadon Village and went to Whitburn Comp.

Northern Lad is a maccam but he aint been on here for a while.

Not sure how much the rent would be for a studio but I was looking for a two bed in Satwa last week and was quoted 140,000 Dhs!!!
Studio 70-75k
1 Bed 90-95k
2 Bed 130K

In the Gulf today
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

those 800 ft2 studios in that buidling are up for rent at AED65K
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
your kidding!!! you don't mentione the maccams to the geordies!!! jesus she is lucky to still have a job!!!
well actually she's clearing her desk now... she wants me to find her a job in dubai when i get there lol...

really though i can't believe she actually said it lol
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
those 800 ft2 studios in that buidling are up for rent at AED65K
is it the one next to the Organic Cafe?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:59 am
Concierge

I just thought, you are from Sunderland and you are worried that Satwa might be rough!!! Satwa is like Ashbrooke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.