Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Satellite/TV viewing facilities

Satellite/TV viewing facilities

Old May 9th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Satellite/TV viewing facilities

Does anyone know where I can get teleconfering services in Dubai? Reason is I have a long distance meeting in Canada and wont have to go there if I can speak/view over a video link.

Or could I get a web cam and do it over the internet? I have ADSL at home.

Thanks
Old May 9th 2005, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Satellite/TV viewing facilities

Originally Posted by Majj
Does anyone know where I can get teleconfering services in Dubai? Reason is I have a long distance meeting in Canada and wont have to go there if I can speak/view over a video link.

Thanks
Teleconferencing is usually done at Kinkos,they have a branch in Bur Dubai,just across the road from the Burjuman Centre.It is high tech stuff,v. professional.
Of course the cheaper option would be as you suggested, by getting a webcam,having an ADSL sure helps.
Maybe the other guys can also suggest alternatives.
Good luck
SS
Old May 9th 2005, 7:08 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Majj

Thanks
like SS sed mate..... try Kinkos in BD opposite BurJuman.... u could try their branch at the Oracle Building at DIC as well, though I am not sure if they provide the service there.

Hope that helps.
Old May 10th 2005, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
like SS sed mate..... try Kinkos in BD opposite BurJuman.... u could try their branch at the Oracle Building at DIC as well, though I am not sure if they provide the service there.

Hope that helps.
Face, SS,

Thanks for the input. I'm looking into it right now!
Old May 10th 2005, 6:09 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, the video chat facilities of AIM and iChat AV both work out here (well, they do on Sahmnet anyway!) I do frequent video chats with people back in the UK, but of course the audio and video quality won't be anywhere near as good as a proper professional videoconference system.