Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Salary?UrbanPlanner/ProjectManager Dubai

Salary?UrbanPlanner/ProjectManager Dubai

Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Becky1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary?UrbanPlanner/ProjectManager Dubai

Im an landuse/transport planner hoping to relocated to Dubai-Ive bn offered a job (masterplanning&project management role) with a large global firm but have yet to discuss a salary - they have asked me to consider what I would be expecting. Its difficult to get nay info. on potential salaries for this kind of work in Dubai...I dont want to sell myself short!Any ideas about a realistic salary package?I have 4yrs experience but have progressed well (current salary £45,000 stg) Any suggestions much appreciated!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary?UrbanPlanner/ProjectManager Dubai

Originally Posted by Becky1
Im an landuse/transport planner hoping to relocated to Dubai-Ive bn offered a job (masterplanning&project management role) with a large global firm but have yet to discuss a salary - they have asked me to consider what I would be expecting. Its difficult to get nay info. on potential salaries for this kind of work in Dubai...I dont want to sell myself short!Any ideas about a realistic salary package?I have 4yrs experience but have progressed well (current salary £45,000 stg) Any suggestions much appreciated!
Hi Becky.

An "urban planner"? A "transport planner"? For Dubai?????

Quick!!! Close that stable door before the horse gets out!!!

You should have been in Dubai at least ten years ago.

Seriously - if you think you can make a difference - good luck and go for it. No idea about salary etc though - sorry.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

is it Emaar by chance?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

No - not Emaar

...and I know - not excactly a gd example of integrated planning but...perhaps the nxt 10yrs will be better!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:52 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No - not Emaar

...and I know - not excactly a gd example of integrated planning but...perhaps the nxt 10yrs will be better!
couldn't be worse ! you have to look at a total package here not just the salary. I would see what they offer you and then get back to us. You need a good housing allowance, medical insurance, car ? , return flights to the UK, if they are a developer - a bonus as well.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

rocha27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Becky

Sent you a PM.

Cheers

Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

...emm...I was given the impression that I was to consider a 'total' salary figure that would then be divided across 'salary / housing allowance / travel allowance'...is that the norm? Medical insurance will be incl. - thats about all thats bn mentioned so far!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:12 pm
Concierge

...emm...I was given the impression that I was to consider a 'total' salary figure that would then be divided across 'salary / housing allowance / travel allowance'...is that the norm? Medical insurance will be incl. - thats about all thats bn mentioned so far!
that is actually better, you get your gratuity, (end of service payment) based on your gross salary so if that includes all your allowances you will get more! Most employers, give basic then plus plus plus to avoid having to pay out big end of service payments.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

LEDO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Becky
I work For A big company in Dubai, its a consultancy company called AECOM.

masterplanning&project management is what do and we need more qulified people like you. so if you are interested....
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:56 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi Becky.

An "urban planner"? A "transport planner"? For Dubai?????

Quick!!! Close that stable door before the horse gets out!!!

You should have been in Dubai at least ten years ago.

Seriously - if you think you can make a difference - good luck and go for it. No idea about salary etc though - sorry.

Becky,good luck with it all-but scoooose;

The Dean-just read this.Ist two lines -really funny-Grace Slick.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:16 am
Just Joined

LEDO,

I've sent you a private message...
Old May 6th 2008, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

braveheart1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...

You should roughly be expecting your UK salary plus an extra 15-20% tax-free in Dubai.

I will be moving there in a weeks time, as a principal transportation planner.

Used to work for AECOM in UK before (Faber Maunsell), they do not pay well if you ask me.
Old May 7th 2008, 10:18 am
Just Joined

HI,
Congrats on the new job!! I haven't been so lucky yet - was in negotiations with a company but they were only offering £3,000 p.a. more than my current salary and that was for a 45hr a week contract....really wanted to get going but the sums didnt add up.... Disappointing though...and it seems mid-level jobs in planning dont come up that often
Gd luck with the move anyway!
Old May 7th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

braveheart1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,
Congrats on the new job!! I haven't been so lucky yet - was in negotiations with a company but they were only offering £3,000 p.a. more than my current salary and that was for a 45hr a week contract....really wanted to get going but the sums didnt add up.... Disappointing though...and it seems mid-level jobs in planning dont come up that often
Gd luck with the move anyway!
Becky, was it Motts by any chance? send me and email with your details if you want and i'll get in touch with a few people over there regarding a job... tell me how much experience you have, your salary expectation and etc....
Old May 7th 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Zhenhua is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by braveheart1981
Hi...

You should roughly be expecting your UK salary plus an extra 15-20% tax-free in Dubai.

I will be moving there in a weeks time, as a principal transportation planner.

Used to work for AECOM in UK before (Faber Maunsell), they do not pay well if you ask me.
Did Motts give you 15-20% pay rise? I got nothing but had to work 45hrs a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.