Reload this Page >

Salary package advise for Dubai

Salary package advise for Dubai

Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

XzanderX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary package advise for Dubai

Hi everyone,
I've been in contact with a UK/UAE advertisement agency about a job as Senior Graphic Designer in Dubai Media City. They asked me what sort of package I want, and I have no idea what to tell them. I've looked at all the Excel files over at http://www.grapeshisha.com, but they didn't make me much smarter... So I would appreciate any help you can give me!

(If I take the job I will be moving do Dubai with my fiancée.)

And I hope it's ok for a Swede to post here
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

canukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nice
Default Re: Salary package advise for Dubai

Originally Posted by XzanderX
Hi everyone,
I've been in contact with a UK/UAE advertisement agency about a job as Senior Graphic Designer in Dubai Media City. They asked me what sort of package I want, and I have no idea what to tell them. I've looked at all the Excel files over at http://www.grapeshisha.com, but they didn't make me much smarter... So I would appreciate any help you can give me!

I'm fairly new to this site, but I'd suggest the wiki search, or search 'salary' under advanced search and troll through the posts. Hays also has a salary survey on their site someplace. Good luck.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Hi XzanderX,

You can ask for as much as you want - nobody seems to mind the level at which the haggling starts..........

More seriously I note that you are Swedish and that you will moving to Dubai with your fiancee.

You should be aware that there are special rules concerning the admittance of unmarried Swedish women into the UAE. It might be better if you were to post a picture of her on here first, before going to all the trouble of booking flights etc.

Fellow contributors here, particularly the male ones, can then advise you whether she would be welcome in Dubai. If it helps, there are a number of members who run initiation evenings for newly-arrived Swedish women, so that they can get acclimatised more easily if their male partner is working late, or out of town.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:17 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

see the local perv has introduced himself, lol,
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

pedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nice

Now that was Hilarious!!!

Actually, I'm just arriving to the UAE next week so I don't know anything about all of it....However, I have read several blogs on the internet about getting visas for your girlfriend (non-wife). To get a long-term visa for her, I've read you have to be married; if she herself doesn't find employment. Anyway, you can't believe everything you read, but maybe it's worth posting a question. Good Luck....and either way, it really would benefit you to post that picture for us
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi XzanderX,

You can ask for as much as you want - nobody seems to mind the level at which the haggling starts..........

More seriously I note that you are Swedish and that you will moving to Dubai with your fiancee.

You should be aware that there are special rules concerning the admittance of unmarried Swedish women into the UAE. It might be better if you were to post a picture of her on here first, before going to all the trouble of booking flights etc.

Fellow contributors here, particularly the male ones, can then advise you whether she would be welcome in Dubai. If it helps, there are a number of members who run initiation evenings for newly-arrived Swedish women, so that they can get acclimatised more easily if their male partner is working late, or out of town.

Hope this helps.
You're such a perv...
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

I hope you have a nice package...
Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

XzanderX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi XzanderX,

Hope this helps.
My fiancée:
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is that her "bone me" look???
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Is that her "bone me" look???
nope - that's the expression after she was just crowned Miss World (hands on cheek missing though!)
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Housing 140k Salary in region of 20 - 30 (if you can get it), airfares, medical insurance and flights
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Housing 140k Salary in region of 20 - 30 (if you can get it), airfares, medical insurance and flights
One should live a good life on a total package of 30-35,000,non???
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

One should live a good life on a total package of 30-35,000,non???

I know a hell of alot who do
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I know a hell of alot who do
Exactly...So what's the whole broohahahaaa about one getting "at least" 50,000AED in order to raise 3 kids...
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:35 am
Concierge

Exactly...So what's the whole broohahahaaa about one getting "at least" 50,000AED in order to raise 3 kids...
I agree Conf it appears that EVERYONE is earning 50k - that seems to be the first figure anyone mentions!! ridiculous if you ask me - it is the housing that pushes that figure up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.