Salary package

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:55 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of
Default Salary package

First of all: Yes, I'ver read the FAQs and done some searches.

This is the situation:
hubby is in Dubai, he'll be my sponsor for visa.
I have a Senior position with an international IT company today, and can probably get a transfer (but hired locally in UAE, not expat) position with them.

What can I, as a wf, expect (or rather negotiate) in terms of salary? (sorry, can't find ANY info on this) Is the salary range in the ads per month or per year? oh, I sound dumb now... Would it be possible for me to negotiate a housing package even though my hybby already has one? Is it difficult for women to get senior positions--is gender (/race) at all an issue?

Promise, next time I'll ask about where to get a stiff drink!!

Thanks a bunch
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Salary package

Originally Posted by Jamila
First of all: Yes, I'ver read the FAQs and done some searches.

This is the situation:
hubby is in Dubai, he'll be my sponsor for visa.
I have a Senior position with an international IT company today, and can probably get a transfer (but hired locally in UAE, not expat) position with them.

What can I, as a wf, expect (or rather negotiate) in terms of salary? (sorry, can't find ANY info on this) Is the salary range in the ads per month or per year? oh, I sound dumb now... Would it be possible for me to negotiate a housing package even though my hybby already has one? Is it difficult for women to get senior positions--is gender (/race) at all an issue?

Promise, next time I'll ask about where to get a stiff drink!!

Thanks a bunch
I know someone here in a similar position although different industry. She gets an equivalent amount added to her salary for things like housing allowance as her hubby has all that covered in his package. Might be worth trying that angle. Salaries in ads is generally monthly.

I'm not aware of women having difficulty securing senior positions but am not working myself just now. Someone like Elles or Kristy might be able to help more there. Good luck finding something.