Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Salary help in Bahrain for cost of living.

Salary help in Bahrain for cost of living.

Old Apr 13th 2016, 1:39 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary help in Bahrain for cost of living.

Originally Posted by Rouge_karlos
I read that somewhere. So would that mean I would have to stay in Bahrain tax year to tax year? Or regardless when I came back it would be subject to taxation?
That's a shame. Us 3 get by at the minute on about £1800 and that's including mortgage,council tax, 2 cars, football season ticket, mobile phone bills etc. I didn't realise BAhrain was more expensive then UK. Will certainly give it second thoughts thank you.

You have to be out of the UK for a full tax year, 6th April to 5th April, for starters although you can spend at least 90 days in the UK in a tax year provided you aren't working there for more than 20 days.

The Statutory Residency Test applies. https://financialuae.me/2013/02/12/i...esidency-test/

Bahrain is nothing like the UK and you cannot do a cost of living comparison like that. The ME is not the place to be without a bit of cash. Being broke, out of a job, or in trouble in any way can get serious very quickly. Sharia law applies and non-payment of debt is a criminal offence. I think you need to do some reading.