Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

IT salary in Dubai

IT salary in Dubai

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

verovero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT salary in Dubai

Hello...I got offer to work in Dubai as IT support analyst with salary range 40,000-50,000 GBP/ year.

Is that good money for that job description above in Dubai?

And is that enough to live in Dubai with wife? We have no kid (but plan to have kid).

Thx

_V_
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:58 pm
Banned

SimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to all
Default Re: IT salary in Dubai

Originally Posted by verovero
Hello...I got offer to work in Dubai as IT support analyst with salary range 40,000-50,000 GBP/ year.

And is that enough to live in Dubai with wife? We have no kid (but plan to have kid).

Thx

_V_
No
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thx

_V_
can you convert into Dirhams, is this the total package or will you get your rent etc on top of this??
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:04 pm
Banned

SimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to allSimpleMind is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
can you convert into Dirhams, is this the total package or will you get your rent etc on top of this??
How greedy are you?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimpleMind
How greedy are you?
I aint been in the UK for a long long time, but I do know this place pretty well. There is no point quoting pounds to me cos I aint a calculator! Need monthly salary etc, before I can offer some decent advice.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:08 pm
Banned

I aint been in the UK for a long long time, but I do know this place pretty well. There is no point quoting pounds to me cos I aint a calculator! Need monthly salary etc, before I can offer some decent advice.
So give advice then, I suggest that the money the OP has secured is not sufficient...

You?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I was wrong. It's 40,000-55,000 GBP/ Year
So Its gonna be around: 302,000-415,000 AED/ Year

No, its not the whole package I guess... They have annual bonus, housing allowance, medical, flights and 38 days leave beside that yearly amount.

_V_
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:10 pm
Banned

No, its not the whole package I guess... They have annual bonus, housing allowance, medical, flights and 38 days leave beside that yearly amount.

_V_
Blue Cat,

Over to you...
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Concierge

_V_
right 415,000 dhs a year is approx 35,000 dhs a month, how much housing allowance will you be getting. Rent is an issue out here.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:13 pm
Banned

right 415,000 dhs a year is approx 35,000 dhs a month, how much housing allowance will you be getting. Rent is an issue out here.
So you can't survive on 35,000 a month?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:16 pm
Concierge

So you can't survive on 35,000 a month?
yes we survive quite nicely. If the original poster can get more, then why not. You need to take at least 10k a month off for accomodation. I hope it works out for him/her.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:17 pm
Concierge

No
so you said NO originally and now changed your mind???
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Ah, About how much the allowance, they dont talk about it yet.

Hm...but let say If I like to have not lux but decent house and one decent car and motorbike (Fuel in UAE must be cheap, no?)...Can I live happily with wife and baby with that 35,000/ month?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
Banned

yes we survive quite nicely. If the original poster can get more, then why not. You need to take at least 10k a month off for accomodation. I hope it works out for him/her.
So, I'm guessing you live off your husband....
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Ah, About how much the allowance, they dont talk about it yet.

Hm...but let say If I like to have not lux but decent house and one decent car and motorbike (Fuel in UAE must be cheap, no?)...Can I live happily with wife and baby with that 35,000/ month?
Dude, a bike's a no go! Definitely! Its way too hot in the summers. Secondly, with a wife and kid, Im sure you'd be better off getting a car!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.