Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:03 am
Just Joined

deek79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

Yeah it sounds easy in principle but I don't want to blow things I.e. Do myself out a position of 50-55k when I'm on 40k by being cheeky and asking for 55-60k plus housing on top.....
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:06 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by deek79
Yeah it sounds easy in principle but I don't want to blow things I.e. Do myself out a position of 50-55k when I'm on 40k by being cheeky and asking for 55-60k plus housing on top.....
Only you can answer that buddy, does your experience back that figure up?

Why don't you talk to the recruitment guy about the salary range?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:31 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

how many years experience do you have?

an O&G senior manager with 20+yrs at QP would get 60k plus housing, medical, flights, bonus

push yourself up or down from that
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing to remember if you move to a government company is job security as they are beginning to ramp up nationaliation.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

I would suggest that the upper limit is 50k + 8k accommodation. A major benefit is 30 to 50 days leave per year.

The government organisations are swamped with frustrated western expats who cannot make any progress because they cannot access or influence the Qatari decision makers.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Are govt salaries that negotiable ? is there not a salary scale that they stick you on ? That is way it is done in KSA in the State Sector.