Salary cuts

Old May 17th 2009, 3:57 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary cuts

Originally Posted by commander
Fair play inse, but I bet there are tonnes of people at home who would swap for your career and home in singapore at the drop of a hat...

Singapore with beautiful wife and scenery...or.....Portsmouth in the rain...

Know where I'd rather sit out a recession mate..

Portsmouth itself is a sh1thole so anyone with any sense would avoid there even in the good times.

-
Old May 17th 2009, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

[There are too many expats that will put up with these retards local companies treating expats like shit, but as they know no different and would be fish out of water elsewhere they put up with it and scew it up for everyone..

but this is a british company.
Old May 17th 2009, 4:05 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

What's a british company?
Old May 17th 2009, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

What's a british company?
that he works for, and you called "retards local companies".
Old May 17th 2009, 4:47 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Whose 'he'?? I am not referring to anyone in particular..I'm generalising..

Ohh god BB2, you don't assume I'm talking about you?
Old May 17th 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Meow - the animals?? There are only 3 - the giants remain here.

As for full-time job? No I haven't thought of it ......... I have not worked in an office for 14 years; I'm 52 years old - who the hell is going to pay me more than 4K a month if that??

I can make that selling 2 tiaras

It's not just about the money - we're living comfortably as it is; I think it's just the unfairness of it all. The companies now not only want your blood, they want your body and soul too. Like I mentioned previously, we haven't had a weekend for the last 3 weeks - he's had to work through each and every day. he's supposed to finish at 4; but arrives home at 7 because the "client" waltz in at 3:45 and want a report for tomorrow morning.

Yeah this country wants to be run by their own people - they have to teach them discipline first. I know companies who employ the requisite "secretaries", pay them their salaries and put them in a room to play with their shelyas and their rings and nails!

The clients here are so spoilt that none of them appear in the most important meetings of all ........... they DO NOT know how to keep appointments as we all know.

So yes, it's a matter of we'll cover your arse, but don't treat me like I'm garbage! We're not asking for a rise or a bonus - just leave us alone as we are - if that's too much for the company then f*** it - there's plenty others who want experience and maturity.

Oh and since we have only animals - yes, we can just pack up and go - I'm already researching where I can take my parrot - she's the most important of all.

Last edited by Smoochy Girl; May 17th 2009 at 5:37 pm. Reason: Editing - just saw the rest of the posts - mad cow!! BB2 means Mr Smooch works for a British Company!!
Old May 17th 2009, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Whose 'he'?? I am not referring to anyone in particular..I'm generalising..

Ohh god BB2, you don't assume I'm talking about you?
no i thought you were referring to SG's company obviously not
Old May 18th 2009, 1:53 am
banned

Sorry BB2, my confusion, I was meaning in general. Even with british companies, they have ME influences of course out here.

I worked in dxb for a global (110,000 employees)power company, the same company I worked for in Scotland. They are swiss, but I'm afraid the dubai office was run by jordanian, lebo's and egyptians with the odd european thrown in to actually take charge and get results. But what a struggle on a daily basis.

Icouldnt stand the place yet I loved the UK, Noggy, italian and swiss parts of the company who I had worked with.

So BB2 in my experience it makes no difference whether the company is from britian or timbuctoo, when in rome etc..
Old May 18th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

happy man is an unknown quantity at this point

aye ok calm down, your missing my point i think. Im saying that its perfectly normal for companies to charge out to their customers 4 times what the employee earns..

this isnt a UAE thing...its business.
It's normally 2.5 only in the UK
Old May 18th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Happy man - don't you know that in Dubai everything is BIGGER and BETTER and a hell of a lot more expensive
Old May 18th 2009, 11:08 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
Happy man - don't you know that in Dubai everything is BIGGER and BETTER and a hell of a lot more expensive
2.5 would barely cover the salary, DEWA and car allowance....!!!!
Old May 18th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
I know. I was just mentioning the normal rate in the UK because it was implied that 4 times is normal in business globally.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
2.5 would barely cover the salary, DEWA and car allowance....!!!!
By the way, is it 4 times the basic or gross salary? It makes a difference
Old May 18th 2009, 11:18 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy man
I know. I was just mentioning the normal rate in the UK because it was implied that 4 times is normal in business globally.
Oh God no, we are far too insular in the ME to worry or care about the rest of the world....
Old May 18th 2009, 11:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Oh God no, we are far too insular in the ME to worry or care about the rest of the world....
is there anywhere else outside of the Middle East? I really have no idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.