Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Salary and costs in Dubai

Salary and costs in Dubai

Old Apr 11th 2022, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary and costs in Dubai

An area I'm considering is Jaddaf. It's upcoming, there's a creek (the wife wants to be near some water), affordable and good transport link. If you're working in Silicon Oasis, it could possibly take you between 20-25 mins to get there.

I'm not an expert into the area but something for you to consider. Plus there's metro stations around.

Good luck with you decision.
Old Apr 12th 2022, 6:34 am
Just Joined

NotDave is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.

jaddaf looks good. Many other areas, such as the greens mentioned up the thread, are great.

im leaning towards silicon oasis, for proximity to school and work. I’m after the easy life.

Anyone know if the schools are generally oversubscribed? Or should we have a problem in getting the place we want for our 2?

NotDave
Old Apr 12th 2022, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NotDave

Anyone know if the schools are generally oversubscribed? Or should we have a problem in getting the place we want for our 2?

NotDave
it differs school to school and also can differ at the age they are coming in.
Old Apr 12th 2022, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKMS
it differs school to school and also can differ at the age they are coming in.
I think we’ll have to secure school places before committing to accommodation.

do you know at what stage we can confirm school places? Upon my ID or when the kids get IDs? It may be unlikely that they get IDs in time for the school year
Old Apr 12th 2022, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NotDave
I think we’ll have to secure school places before committing to accommodation.

do you know at what stage we can confirm school places? Upon my ID or when the kids get IDs? It may be unlikely that they get IDs in time for the school year
A colleague just gave me this ……..

** For families coming from outside the UAE, as per Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) regulations, your child’s residence visa copy and Emirates ID copy must be submitted within 45 days of arriving in Dubai. Your child must have a valid residence visa, or evidence that this is in process, when joining the school. A child with a visit visa only, will not be permitted in school. Parents’ Emirates ID copies must also be submitted within 45 days of arriving in the UAE.
Old Apr 12th 2022, 10:00 am
Just Joined

That’s really helpful thank you