Reload this Page >

salary bracket for client engagement architect. Negotiation stage

salary bracket for client engagement architect. Negotiation stage

Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:07 am
Just Joined

swiftman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: salary bracket for client engagement architect. Negotiation stage

Originally Posted by Ethos83
An overall package value of 50,000 AED a month inclusive of housing and school fees is a perfectly good package. Not brilliant, but less than 50,000 you may struggle (albeit slightly) and more than 50,000 kudos to you. Don't accept anything less than 35-40,000 if you have a family of four.

But it's all relative. You know how much you're worth in the UK. Take your full UK salary + housing and school fees and then it's worth the move.
Thanks for the response Ethos. This is more the kind of thing i was looking for.

Finally thanks for all the help from everyone all be it a litte canny
I hope i can take this interview stage to the next round and do some serious negotiations. Will keep in touch.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

AED 40k basic p.m. + 160000 housing p.a. + A.E.D 10,500 p.a. school fee (per child, usually up to 2 children only) + 2000 p.m. car allowance+ 85% family medical cover+ annual tickets (including dependents, spouse and up to 2 children) +30 days holiday + $3000 relocation (one off)+ discretionary bonus + an American Lebanese boss – that’s what you can expect if you are working for a “Big 4” within SAP domain as an experienced/exceptional SAP TA, albeit the colour of your skin and origin essentially decide your actual package. Also, generally, you can make around 20-30% more in the industry particularly in the Financial and Energy & Resources sectors.

Another option is to work as an independent consultant in the UAE/Gulf; you can easily make around $1200 per day + 15% expenses, plenty of work for SAP TA’s particularly in Qatar, Saudi and Kuwait.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
AED 40k basic p.m. + 160000 housing p.a. + A.E.D 10,500 p.a. school fee (per child, usually up to 2 children only) + 2000 p.m. car allowance+ 85% family medical cover+ annual tickets (including dependents, spouse and up to 2 children) +30 days holiday + $3000 relocation (one off)+ discretionary bonus + an American Lebanese boss – that’s what you can expect if you are working for a “Big 4” within SAP domain as an experienced/exceptional SAP TA, albeit the colour of your skin and origin essentially decide your actual package. Also, generally, you can make around 20-30% more in the industry particularly in the Financial and Energy & Resources sectors.

Another option is to work as an independent consultant in the UAE/Gulf; you can easily make around $1200 per day + 15% expenses, plenty of work for SAP TA’s particularly in Qatar, Saudi and Kuwait.
Ah! The American Lebanese boss! The original slippery character. Beleive nothing, get less...
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Ah! The American Lebanese boss! The original slippery character. Beleive nothing, get less...
The Mafia! – Astounding numbers are working for the “Big 4” particularly in ME and NA. To share my “anguish”, I said to one of the Partners last week (he is an American Lebanese), it seems that Lebanese are either management consultants or Hezbollah elite! He wasn’t too amused tbh.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
The Mafia! – Astounding numbers are working for the “Big 4” particularly in ME and NA. To share my “anguish”, I said to one of the Partners last week (he is an American Lebanese), it seems that Lebanese are either management consultants or Hezbollah elite! He wasn’t too amused tbh.
Strange, isn't it? The truth always hurts...espescially when the truth is that they are lazy , incompetent and corrupt dishonourable slimebags!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I thought they were all Canadian.

The best one I ever met was British ... one year, he went to 'Edin-Burg' for his summer 'vacation'.

Classic stuff.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 2:10 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swiftman
Really? what is the correct forum then? I thought there was just one forum for all birtishexpats split by region ?Am i missing something?
don't worry buddy. the average person on this forum may not have the foggiest about IT and what we actually do. i still get told at work that i should list IT-ish as a different language i speak fluently on my linkedin profile...
Old Feb 17th 2012, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

swiftman is an unknown quantity at this point

excellent post Norsk.

To be honest not many people know what IT really means. Including my family and friends! They all seem to think i can fix any computer in the world and that IT just been tapping away at a keyboard! Suits me fine and i have actually stopped explaining what i actually do now.

However, on a brighter note do you or anyone out there know of any good SAP TA roles up for grabs in the UAE?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 3:29 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swiftman
excellent post Norsk.

To be honest not many people know what IT really means. Including my family and friends! They all seem to think i can fix any computer in the world and that IT just been tapping away at a keyboard! Suits me fine and i have actually stopped explaining what i actually do now.

However, on a brighter note do you or anyone out there know of any good SAP TA roles up for grabs in the UAE?
It gets even worse when you're in management. Then you get other managers questioning what your department does and why you need so much investment all the time. I find it annoying at times, but mostly it is just amusing..

I don't know of any roles and to be honest I don't really know of any major SAP implementations here either. I'm sure there are some implementations, but not sure how many. It seems to be all about Oracle in the ME for some reason..
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by norsk
It seems to be all about Oracle in the ME for some reason..
Because it's cheaper than SAP
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I thought they were all Canadian.

The best one I ever met was British ... one year, he went to 'Edin-Burg' for his summer 'vacation'.

Classic stuff.
Sat next to three such female characters at Mug&Bean on Saturday while trying to evict a hangover with a full English (sort of). Desperately wanted some peace n quiet, but with 3 motor-mouths going non-stop didn't get any. Why so loud? Why so "me"? Why no pleases and thank-yous? ("Excuse me. Get me some milk": poor Asian waitress took it in her stride, but it was so tempting to ask why, if they were intent on screeching awful bloody transatlantic Arabic English for all to hear, couldn't they at least throw in some pleasantries.)