Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Salary advice please...

Salary advice please...

Old Dec 25th 2004, 9:44 am
Just Joined

thetink is on a distinguished road
Default Salary advice please...

I work in Dubai and get paid in UAE Dirhams each month. This goes straight into my Dubai bank account.

What should I do with my money? Keep it in the bank in Dubai? Send it to an offshore account? Transfer it to UK?

any advice from people who have experience in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

thetink
Old Dec 25th 2004, 9:55 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Salary advice please...

Originally Posted by thetink
I work in Dubai and get paid in UAE Dirhams each month. This goes straight into my Dubai bank account.

What should I do with my money? Keep it in the bank in Dubai? Send it to an offshore account? Transfer it to UK?

any advice from people who have experience in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

thetink
the other option is to spend it?

erm.... not to be rude but what is the purpose of this post?

Basic questions... have you got bills in the UK to pay, have you got bills in Dubai to pay? if you can give some information about your commitments then it can be answered. Are you here to save money? Are you leaving the UK for good? Have you been on the beers already this morning?

you do not have to put this information in the board... you can email me and so it can be kept private.

I need more coffee as the bloody cold weather here in Glos is starting to piss me off and I would rather be having a beer round at TS's place or up at Nad Al Sheba club.

And Mrs Creative is still asleep after being up half the night with her dogs. hmmm beginning to wonder what the point was of flying back for Xmas at the moment. I am not bitter.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 5:12 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetink

thanks

thetink
Keep it here for now and transfer later when the exchange rate is better....or get yr boss to pay in pounds.

Joe...u sound bitter...the beer was exceptional this savvy, whilst sitting by the pool in the sun...had a dip about 5...and then a few G & Ts.

How dare u compare my place to Nad Al Sheba!!!!!

take it easy...new year beckons...
Old Dec 26th 2004, 9:14 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Keep it here for now and transfer later when the exchange rate is better....or get yr boss to pay in pounds.

Joe...u sound bitter...the beer was exceptional this savvy, whilst sitting by the pool in the sun...had a dip about 5...and then a few G & Ts.

How dare u compare my place to Nad Al Sheba!!!!!

take it easy...new year beckons...
yep ur right... ur place is far better than Nad Al Sheba... no old nags up there. excuse me while i cough.

Think I am feeling bitter as re twisted my knee and am on a walking stick and now off to Southmead Hospital on a boxing day to get it sorted!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 9:57 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
yep ur right... ur place is far better than Nad Al Sheba... no old nags up there. excuse me while i cough.

Think I am feeling bitter as re twisted my knee and am on a walking stick and now off to Southmead Hospital on a boxing day to get it sorted!
Good luck...amputation at the neck should do it.....