Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Salaries in consulting or big four audit firms

Salaries in consulting or big four audit firms

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

sradha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salaries in consulting or big four audit firms

I am in the initial stages of considering a move from London to Dubai and would be really grateful for any guidance on salaries and other benefits that one can expect - specifically, either at a 'senior manager' kind of level in a big 4 audit/accounting firm or an equivalent level (around 10-12 years of professional experience) with a consulting firm.

Thanks!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:58 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salaries in consulting or big four audit firms

Originally Posted by sradha
I am in the initial stages of considering a move from London to Dubai and would be really grateful for any guidance on salaries and other benefits that one can expect - specifically, either at a 'senior manager' kind of level in a big 4 audit/accounting firm or an equivalent level (around 10-12 years of professional experience) with a consulting firm.

Thanks!
Check your Private messages
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forums

and check out the faq's, list soem salary/benfits info.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

MouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to all

Could someone PM us this info too.
Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:55 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Don't touch the one that begins with 'K'. It was voted the top firm to work for in the UK in 2006 but it is a joke out here. I worked for them in the UK and they offered me considerably less here (was not on a transfer/secondment though). The Director advised me that salaries were not in the same league as London .. luckily I did my homework.

Bargain for all you can get!!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 5:57 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Don't touch the one that begins with 'K'. It was voted the top firm to work for in the UK in 2006 but it is a joke out here. I worked for them in the UK and they offered me considerably less here (was not on a transfer/secondment though). The Director advised me that salaries were not in the same league as London .. luckily I did my homework.

Bargain for all you can get!!
I worked on contract for the one starting with K.
Luckily i was also on secondment from the UK practice so i got a good deal.

I also heard the permanent salaries are crappy in this region
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

MouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to allMouseyCat is a name known to all

mmmm, interesting.
my partner is working in london as an audit mgr and would be looking for the same position out there. Any advise? Would like to hear from someone in the same field. Please pm if you like.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Stay away from all of them - long long hours, very little pay.

He would be better off joining a company or a bank as an auditor.

Anya
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:34 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

have a look at www.kershawleonard.net to see if they have any suitable vancancies that could give you an idea of the salary. You could always send them an email to get a ball part figure for such firms.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

chabel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salaries in consulting

Hi all
I am too in the initial stages of considering a move from London to Dubai and would be really grateful for any guidance on salaries and other benefits that one should expect.
I have 15 years experience and I am currently with one that starts with the letter A. I am in discussion with a global High-tech company very well established in the region.

I see some offered to pm this info...would appreciate if you can share with me. Also you refer to the FAQ but somehow I am not able to locate where exaclty this is covered...any help will be appreciated too.

Thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salaries in consulting

Originally Posted by chabel

I see some offered to pm this info...would appreciate if you can share with me. Also you refer to the FAQ but somehow I am not able to locate where exaclty this is covered...any help will be appreciated too.
the FAQ is the stickied thread at the top of the ME forum
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

chabel is an unknown quantity at this point

lol thans Bob
I guess I need to explain my problem exactly with the famous FAQs
I am trying to search for words such as "salaries" "cost of living" etc... and I am always getting the same answer [sorry - no matches...]
Is there a way to see the FAQs by group/section?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by chabel
lol thans Bob
I guess I need to explain my problem exactly with the famous FAQs
I am trying to search for words such as "salaries" "cost of living" etc... and I am always getting the same answer [sorry - no matches...]
Is there a way to see the FAQs by group/section?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262016

It's this huge honking thread, it got consolidated so it would be easier to browse....COL would be the second post in it...recruitment the first...there's a whole section on rentals and all sorts.