Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Safety issues raised at water park

Safety issues raised at water park

Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Safety issues raised at water park

Dubai: Residents have expressed concern about safety at Dubai's biggest water park after a number of injuries were reported by the venue's visitors.

Guests at the Aquaventure water park at the Atlantis hotel on Palm Jumeirah have complained of suffering a number of injuries on what they called "unsafe rides and slides."

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Leisure/10344560.html
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Safety issues raised at water park

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Dubai: Residents have expressed concern about safety at Dubai's biggest water park after a number of injuries were reported by the venue's visitors.

Guests at the Aquaventure water park at the Atlantis hotel on Palm Jumeirah have complained of suffering a number of injuries on what they called "unsafe rides and slides."
Just wait until the Dubai Metro opens, then you will know about unsafe rides.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

when it first opened yes it ripped my friends swim suit... so when you go up on the travelators you must lift your bum up the beginning of it once you are on and moving its fine, and again you have to do the same thing when you reach the top just to lift your bum up a little and then you will fly over the tubes etc we went yesterday and my hubs fell out of his rubber ring as he was going up and the guy did stop the ride so that he could sort himself out, unfortunately sometimes its very difficult to get back into the tube once you have fallen out. yes i think they need to put in a little bit more water along the lazy river as i have on a few occasions crashed against the side when somebody bumps into you and if you fall out and hang in the rubber ring yes you do scrap your knees on the bottom but i have always seen the lifeguards jump to action on the occasions that its needed, there was one person who must have fallen out at the beginning of the torrent and 2 lifeguards did jump in to help etc. they are always telling you of the hidden steps on the rides/travelators etc. i do find that its the ones in the single rings that suffer the problems, and thats why i assuming they have changed a few of the rides to double rings, so its much heavier etc.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
when it first opened yes it ripped my friends swim suit... so when you go up on the travelators you must lift your bum up the beginning of it once you are on and moving its fine, and again you have to do the same thing when you reach the top just to lift your bum up a little and then you will fly over the tubes etc we went yesterday and my hubs fell out of his rubber ring as he was going up and the guy did stop the ride so that he could sort himself out, unfortunately sometimes its very difficult to get back into the tube once you have fallen out. yes i think they need to put in a little bit more water along the lazy river as i have on a few occasions crashed against the side when somebody bumps into you and if you fall out and hang in the rubber ring yes you do scrap your knees on the bottom but i have always seen the lifeguards jump to action on the occasions that its needed, there was one person who must have fallen out at the beginning of the torrent and 2 lifeguards did jump in to help etc. they are always telling you of the hidden steps on the rides/travelators etc. i do find that its the ones in the single rings that suffer the problems, and thats why i assuming they have changed a few of the rides to double rings, so its much heavier etc.
Exactly the same thing follows but with a bit of effort.....put some effort in...what else ya got to do all day?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it first opened yes it ripped my friends swim suit.
When you go up on the travelators you must lift your bum up the beginning of it, but once you are on and moving its fine. Again you have to do the same thing when you reach the top, just lift your bum up a little and you will fly over the tubes etc.

We went yesterday and my hubs fell out of his rubber ring as he was going up. The guy did stop the ride so that he could sort himself out but unfortunately it can be very difficult to get back into the tube once you have fallen out.

Yes I think they need to put in a little bit more water along the lazy river as I have on a few occasions crashed against the side when somebody bumps into me and if you fall out and hang in the rubber ring yes you do scrap your knees on the bottom. However, I have always seen the lifeguards jump to action when needed. There was one person who must have fallen out at the beginning of the torrent and 2 lifeguards did jump in to help etc. They are always telling you of the hidden steps on the rides/travelators etc.

I do find that the ones in the single rings suffer the problems, and thats why I am assuming they have changed a few of the rides to double rings, so its much heavier etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still a load of dribble.

Last edited by Jeeper; Aug 31st 2009 at 10:59 am.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Exactly the same thing follows but with a bit of effort.....put some effort in...what else ya got to do all day?

When it first opened yes it ripped my friends swim suit.
When you go up on the travelators you must lift your bum up the beginning of it, but once you are on and moving its fine. Again you have to do the same thing when you reach the top, just lift your bum up a little and you will fly over the tubes etc.

We went yesterday and my hubs fell out of his rubber ring as he was going up. The guy did stop the ride so that he could sort himself out but unfortunately it can be very difficult to get back into the tube once you have fallen out.

Yes I think they need to put in a little bit more water along the lazy river as I have on a few occasions crashed against the side when somebody bumps into me and if you fall out and hang in the rubber ring yes you do scrap your knees on the bottom. However, I have always seen the lifeguards jump to action when needed. There was one person who must have fallen out at the beginning of the torrent and 2 lifeguards did jump in to help etc. They are always telling you of the hidden steps on the rides/travelators etc.

I do find that the ones in the single rings suffer the problems, and thats why I am assuming they have changed a few of the rides to double rings, so its much heavier etc.

Still a load of dribble.
no they had a little bit more water in there than a dribble.....

but thats your opinion.....
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

The main point is- thanks Gulf News for showing me a picture of someone's asscrack.

So River Canyon Splash-o-rama is a bumpy ride? Really? Whatever next? Rollercoasters are fast?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

no they had a little bit more water in there than a dribble.....

but thats your opinion.....
you made my pun a pun....very clever.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 3:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

BB2, what a load of old tosh, its not designed for geriatrics anyway, you should be in the cafe next door with the purple rinse brigade playing bingo..

...HOUSE...

Eyes down..lookin
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I went last weekend and managed to retain all my underwear and skin.

However, I did get a bit sunburnt and am horrified that there was not someone telling me every 20mins to reapply my suncream or better still actually do it for me. I think that they have really failed their customers in this regard.

I'm amazed that people are shocked that it could be dangerous, isn't that kind of the point?? I've yet to go to a water park and not get hurt in some way or another...

Last edited by Millhouse; Sep 1st 2009 at 4:19 am.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I've yet to go to a water park and not get hurt in some way or another...
Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I went last weekend and managed to retain all my underwear and skin...
So were internal injuries the theme last weekend?

TBH it should be'ok' safe. I mean if it had nails hammered through the bottom of the slides like was claimed as an urban myth at pretty much every swimming baths in the UK that had an outside going inside style slide I would moan.

A bump here and there is fine tho, however, I suppose it depends on the amount of bumps and breaks they are getting.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I know stacks of people who come away with bad backs etc from going there.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dubai to Dibba Daily;7893102]So were internal injuries the theme last weekend?
QUOTE]

Just the noggin'
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas
The main point is- thanks Gulf News for showing me a picture of someone's asscrack.
Now I have studied this picture quite hard and can't make it out as an ass. Looks like the top of a leg to me. Talk about disappointment.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commander
BB2, what a load of old tosh, its not designed for geriatrics anyway, you should be in the cafe next door with the purple rinse brigade playing bingo..

...HOUSE...

Eyes down..lookin
how old do you think i am?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

how old do you think i am?
4 and a half.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.