SABIC Riyadh Compounds and salaries

SABIC Riyadh Compounds and salaries

Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

lostinuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SABIC Riyadh Compounds and salaries

Hi folks,

Just been offered a package by SABIC to work in HQ in Riyadh

never worked aboard and have very little ideas if the packaged offered is any good.

can any one advise where best to stay - have wife and 4 children (3-14)

see salaried advertised 45-85K- but have been only offered 40,000 SR - is this reasonable.

which are the best schools

any advise would be useful- thanks
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

simfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nice
Default Re: SABIC Riyadh Compounds and salaries

Hi,
Well, If you're provided housing by SABIC, then it would be fine and acceptable. but if you're renting outside, there are variety of compounds and price depends on many factors such as what lifestyle you want, the majority of people who live in there etc. but generally, let's say starting from 100,000 - 200,000 or even more could reach until 250,000. Also don't forget the waiting period to get a house in a compound etc.

Also about the children's education fees, It must also be provided by company. there are plenty of international schools, like British School, American etc, fees are expensive unless paid by company, also depends on whether KG, primary or secondary, high school etc

Old Dec 8th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the re the reply above - do you have to pay for your own accommodation, or do they provide it for you?

It's a prestigious company to work for, has a high profile, and the HQ building is certainly one of the best known here in Riyadh, I live just behind it.

AFAIK, Sabic will pay for up to three kids ( eg Education etc ), which is very generous, but you will have to pay your own way for the 4th if, that is, they will all be with you here in KSA.

I did see the job advertised for Sabic, but working in HR - still umming and ahhing whether or not to submit an application. Was it through Michael Page?

Good luck.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: SABIC Riyadh Compounds and salaries

Originally Posted by simfaisal
Hi,
Well, If you're provided housing by SABIC, then it would be fine and acceptable. but if you're renting outside, there are variety of compounds and price depends on many factors such as what lifestyle you want, the majority of people who live in there etc. but generally, let's say starting from 100,000 - 200,000 or even more could reach until 250,000. Also don't forget the waiting period to get a house in a compound etc.

Also about the children's education fees, It must also be provided by company. there are plenty of international schools, like British School, American etc, fees are expensive unless paid by company, also depends on whether KG, primary or secondary, high school etc

Thanks for that - just feel that what theya re offering is a bit low. I know that it is tax free and that is the only benefit.

Do you know of any good compounds near to SABIC HQ and british international schoool?
Old Dec 11th 2010, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simfaisal
Hi,

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Ditto the re the reply above - do you have to pay for your own accommodation, or do they provide it for you?

It's a prestigious company to work for, has a high profile, and the HQ building is certainly one of the best known here in Riyadh, I live just behind it.

AFAIK, Sabic will pay for up to three kids ( eg Education etc ), which is very generous, but you will have to pay your own way for the 4th if, that is, they will all be with you here in KSA.

I did see the job advertised for Sabic, but working in HR - still umming and ahhing whether or not to submit an application. Was it through Michael Page?

Good luck.
Thanks for that. Applied via thier ad on the web in the UK.

Do you have the address for the HQ so i can look it up on google map. Also do you now of any good compounds near the HQ and British internation school.

they have offer education for 2 (over 5's). Also economy flights for only 2 kids out of 4.

what do do about travel within Riyadh. Do buy a car or rent it?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lostinuk

Do you have the address for the HQ so i can look it up on google map. Also do you now of any good compounds near the HQ and British internation school.

they have offer education for 2 (over 5's). Also economy flights for only 2 kids out of 4.

Addresses in Riyadh .... hmmm

Google maps 'Al Hamra compound' and you may find this - it is right across the road from Sabic and the British School is attached to this compound. Your salary will be reasonable as long as they pay for accommodation on a decent compound (good ones near Sabic include; Al Hamra (the added advantage of the kids being able to walk to school); Cordoba, Arizona, Eid) and also all the other benefits including school fees, private medical, car allowance, flights etc. School fees should be on the website to give you an idea ... www.britishschoolriyadh.com ... how many flights a year do they give you? Many people buy a car and you can spend as much or as little as you like.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If the prices of schools & housing are like Dubai, then I would say that this package is nowhere near enough.

Remember as well, the country is a tin pot, hell hole covered in shit and your wife will be bored stupid. They have to compensate you for this.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alfi
Addresses in Riyadh .... hmmm

Google maps 'Al Hamra compound' and you may find this - it is right across the road from Sabic and the British School is attached to this compound. Your salary will be reasonable as long as they pay for accommodation on a decent compound (good ones near Sabic include; Al Hamra (the added advantage of the kids being able to walk to school); Cordoba, Arizona, Eid) and also all the other benefits including school fees, private medical, car allowance, flights etc. School fees should be on the website to give you an idea ... www.britishschoolriyadh.com ... how many flights a year do they give you? Many people buy a car and you can spend as much or as little as you like.
Thanks forthe info - I looked on the web site and did not like the look of al-hamra - looked dated. Hoever having done a bit reading - looks like a lot of good ones have a long waiting list.

I like the kingdon city but no availity!

only getting one flight -econony per year and will only ocver 2 of my kids instead of 4!!!

Are there any other good high achiving british schools in Riyadh?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

Just been offered a package by SABIC to work in HQ in Riyadh

see salaried advertised 45-85K- but have been only offered 40,000 SR - is this reasonable.

which are the best schools

any advise would be useful- thanks

Your American counterparts get more than that I guess !!

Try to negotiate the main salary first ..

Cheers

NT
Old Dec 12th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

yabilalz is an unknown quantity at this point

40,000 SAR per month? on which department you will work? I am negotitating these days as well with SABIC
Old Dec 12th 2010, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yabilalz
40,000 SAR per month? on which department you will work? I am negotitating these days as well with SABIC
have you recived an offer and wher are you from and where will you be based?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

have you recived an offer and wher are you from and where will you be based?
I am in Riyadh, things at final stage
Old Dec 12th 2010, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

I am in Riyadh, things at final stage
are moving from UK ? which department are you going to?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

are moving from UK ? which department are you going to?
i moved from pakistan to saudia since 2 weeks, well from year 2005-2007 i was in Slough, newcastle in UK..department is finance, urz?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

i moved from pakistan to saudia since 2 weeks, well from year 2005-2007 i was in Slough, newcastle in UK..department is finance, urz?
i'm from uk - first time to saudi - not decided yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.