British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Saad, Bahrain Accomodation and life (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/saad-bahrain-accomodation-life-810002/)

freewifiavailablehere Sep 22nd 2013 12:26 pm

Saad, Bahrain Accomodation and life

That should be Saar :-)

Hello Folks

My wife, Daughter and I are moving to Saar. I'm pretty much on my own and have to source accommodation:

Can anyone recommend a compound / villa? My budget is 1000BD (or I am hoping to negotiate the renter down to that.

I want somewhere fully furnished (in the full sense of the word not in the property agent sense, which usually means a few sticks and some nasty flowery sofas).

We also need access to a good gym and a pool (not a large bath).

......as you can see, ive had my fill of crap agents.

Also, what's Saar like? Everyone I know lives or has lived in Juffair.

Are there any bars? Any good restaurants locally?

Thanks folks

freewifiavailablehere Sep 22nd 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Saad, Bahrain Accomodation and life

PS My little'un will be at Bahrain Prep School so somewhere near would be OK.

freewifiavailablehere Sep 23rd 2013 6:47 am

Or even the name of a good agent :-)

freewifiavailablehere Sep 27th 2013 5:16 am

bumped to the top

Tockalosh Sep 27th 2013 3:23 pm

You might get furnished now but it used to be rare

If you like Juffair you will probably hate Saar

No bars in Saar per se but rugby club and Dilmun at the far end of Saar

Saar itself is now shite

Stay in Juffair if its what you like and you want access to the bars of Juf and Adliya

freewifiavailablehere Sep 27th 2013 3:40 pm

Furnished is essential - I'm not kitting out another house.

So, am I right in thinking your against Saar?

The issue is getting the little'un down to Saar for school. What about Hamla? Or is is hanabiya? Oh, I don't know.....somewhere nr bleedin Saar.

All I want is to spend a grand on a place with furniture, have a swim and the little'un not dodging arseholes with petrol bombs....

Any suggestions folks?

Tockalosh Sep 28th 2013 5:30 am

Personally I think Saar is now a mess.

There is nothing in Hamala worth living in though the road to Hamala has some nice compounds on it and worth a look but stay at the top end and not the village end. I am sure one of the Bahrain regular posters on here lives that way and loves it.
Janibiya is still tops in my view. There was a new compound finished not so long back that a colleague of mine has recently moved into around the back of the communication centre building that you can see off the Saudi causeway road and they are well under 1000 by a long way so you might be able to secure a furnished villa off the landlord at a 1000.
Come off the Saudi causeway and head to the camel farm, right at the first lights then first right after 100 or so metres, first left opposite Arabian homes and they are on the right.
Also on the left as you turn right (if you get my gist) is another nice new compound that a lot of the embassy staff ended up living in so may be worth a look.

I had a furnished villa for a year when we landed in Bahrain and it was furnished modern style with full internet, TV package etc for 1100 in the days of high rent but we moved from there just before the troubles due to agitation so wont recommend it.

freewifiavailablehere Sep 28th 2013 1:00 pm

Cheers. Much appreciated, Fella.