Rumours

Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Nevi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rumours

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
Philipz, Its not a question of keeping it a secret but if the Nation is told of His condition and the sky will fall down. And His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi is the Capital of U.A.E THEREFORE the New President is Sheikh Sultan! Who was chosen by the wise man. His Decesion will be NOT doubted.

Sheikh Muhammed is the Crown prince of Dubai.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I thought there was an agreement originally that the ruler of UAE would rotate around the different Emirates (although so far it has stayed within the Al Nayhan family, believe that Sheikh Zayed originally married into the Al Nayhan family)? In your opinion (if the rumours are correct), do you think there will be any changes if/when a new ruler is appointed?
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:23 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

I thought there was some kind of agreement that the Presidency would pass to different Emirates over time? I'm quite sure it's possible for it to pass to different Emirates anyway. It all seems quite democratic in a way.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:24 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Nevi you beat me to it!
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:34 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by Nevi
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I thought there was an agreement originally that the ruler of UAE would rotate around the different Emirates (although so far it has stayed within the Al Nayhan family, believe that Sheikh Zayed originally married into the Al Nayhan family)? In your opinion (if the rumours are correct), do you think there will be any changes if/when a new ruler is appointed?

No there is no such agreements, Abu Dhabi is the Capital, The Ministry of Interior is in Abu Dhabi which Controls basically the Defence of the Nation, The Capital also controls the Federal Bank and all the Money, also the Oil trade (ADNOC) is in Abu Dhabi. Many mighty locals here are from Abu Dhabi except Al Futtaim he is from Ras Al Khaimah.

The Rules for Immigration and Labour and Blah blah is all from Abu Dhabi.

Sheikh Maktoum is the Prime Minister, and Sheikh Muhammed is the Successor of Him.

The President of the U.A.E will be always from Al Nahyan family.

If you go towards Royal Mirage Hotel from the Umm Suqaim rd, then on your Right side you will notice a "BLACK HOUSE" Yes this house belongs to a sheikh (sorry cant tell u the name or status) He is been thrwon out of the family and the Family Branch of the Ruling family bcoz of his bad habits i mean very bad habits.

The Current rulers will always place someone capable of running the country!

Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:46 am
Troublemaker

No there is no such agreements, Abu Dhabi is the Capital, The Ministry of Interior is in Abu Dhabi which Controls basically the Defence of the Nation, The Capital also controls the Federal Bank and all the Money, also the Oil trade (ADNOC) is in Abu Dhabi. Many mighty locals here are from Abu Dhabi except Al Futtaim he is from Ras Al Khaimah.

The Rules for Immigration and Labour and Blah blah is all from Abu Dhabi.

Sheikh Maktoum is the Prime Minister, and Sheikh Muhammed is the Successor of Him.

The President of the U.A.E will be always from Al Nahyan family.

If you go towards Royal Mirage Hotel from the Umm Suqaim rd, then on your Right side you will notice a "BLACK HOUSE" Yes this house belongs to a sheikh (sorry cant tell u the name or status) He is been thrwon out of the family and the Family Branch of the Ruling family bcoz of his bad habits i mean very bad habits.

Sorry, but I think you'll find that the President is elected from the Supreme Council every 5 years. Sheikh Zayed has been re-elected each time but this is not necessarily automatic. Sheikh Maktoum is the Vice President. This is also an elected post so there is no automatic successor. Sheikh Maktoum is also the Prime Minister, chosen by the President in consultation with the Supreme Council.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:02 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by kristy
Sorry, but I think you'll find that the President is elected from the Supreme Council every 5 years. Sheikh Zayed has been re-elected each time but this is not necessarily automatic. Sheikh Maktoum is the Vice President. This is also an elected post so there is no automatic successor. Sheikh Maktoum is also the Prime Minister, chosen by the President in consultation with the Supreme Council.

Hahaha..! you make me laugh.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:06 am
Troublemaker

Hahaha..! you make me laugh.
I think you'll find it's true. I got it from the official website for the Ministry of Information and Culture in the UAE. I can quote more or direct you to a link if you'd like.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Nevi is an unknown quantity at this point

Nevi you beat me to it!
Great minds thing alike......!
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:22 am
Beduoin_Boy

I think you'll find it's true. I got it from the official website for the Ministry of Information and Culture in the UAE. I can quote more or direct you to a link if you'd like.

The Supreme Council (the gathering of the seven sheikhs) which all the emirates Sheihk are members of, Its a approval of the leadership of Sheikh Zayed.

How does it works or why is this system is placed? Then I need to explain you the way of Life here first.

The Supreme council is an image and sign of Solidarity.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:27 am
Troublemaker

The Supreme Council (the gathering of the seven sheikhs) which all the emirates Sheihk are members of, Its a approval of the leadership of Sheikh Zayed.

How does it works or why is this system is placed? Then I need to explain you the way of Life here first.

The Supreme council is an image and sign of Solidarity.
Bless. Ok, have it your way. I'm not in the mood for an argument.

http://www.uaeinteract.com/governmen...cal_system.asp

Last edited by kristy; Oct 14th 2004 at 6:30 am.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:39 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

thought you were doing quite well actaully.... my money's on the woman... also she gives a good left hook from what I have been told... :scared:

was about to open a poll...
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:40 am
Beduoin_Boy

"In a spirit of consensus and collaboration, the rulers of the seven emirates agreed during the process of federation that each of them would be a member of a Supreme Council, the top policy-making body in the new state. They agreed also that they would elect a President and a Vice-President from amongst their number, to serve for a five-year term of office. The Ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, was elected as the first President, a post to which he has been re-elected at successive five-yearly intervals, while the Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, was elected as first Vice-President, a post he continued to hold until his death in 1990, at which point his eldest son and heir, Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, was elected to succeed him."

I know what you are saying and i agree with you. plz dont get me wrong.

Elephant has TWO Huge teeth in front of his face to show-off to everyone but in reality He only eats with little teeths in his mouth.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:35 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road

Well you would think that if a president died that the vice president would take over until a new president is elected. Shk Zayed approved his son to rule Abu Dhabi, but I dont think that automatically means that he rules the UAE, if his father passes away.

About the elephant thing, those aint teeth and who ever heard of an animal which eat with two teeth.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:00 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Again not true at all...............that house belongs to Sheikh Maktoums son that was tragically killed in a car crash last year. Sort ur facts out m8!

Bad habits? dont get me started on the things i have heard about AD's crown prince.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:01 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Philipz, Its not a question of keeping it a secret but if the Nation is told of His condition and the sky will fall down. And His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi is the Capital of U.A.E THEREFORE the New President is Sheikh Sultan! Who was chosen by the wise man. His Decesion will be NOT doubted.

Sheikh Muhammed is the Crown prince of Dubai.
Telling the country is eventual. So why the secrecy? It doesnt make sense. 99.9% of the people in the U.A.E are his well wishers and they wud b hurt by the govt having hushed up his illness like this, if at all it is true.

I mean by knowing, people cud keep him in their thoughs and pray for him. wot harm cud that possibly do? I am sure, if it were up to him, there wud be no shrouding of anything.

Being a local, u shud know the constitution better than I do. But here are the facts of life........PhilipZ may b right about HH. Mohammed wanting to be president. The constitution states that the presidency has to rotate between all 7 emirates every 5 years when the presedential "elections" are held by the cabinet of rulers. Since Sheikh Zayed is/was so respected, no one ever wanted that he be stripped of his title, which just shows how much respect they have for the man, but it was sed that HH Mohammed wasnt too happy with the reaction he got from the other Sheikhs when he raised this issue at during the last set of "elections". So u never know m8.

Kirsty has been doing her homework....I am very impressed! u go girl! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.